Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #15161 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I use guppies I used many different sources like 5 population to start out I have only lost seven fry in my year of breeding adults die I got wild type a weird one and half black orange ribbon guppies they all have dwarfed size from wild type like an inch long make and two inches female they also refuse to eat fry even when they are right in front of there mouth andd thank you for showing interest I love platies.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:05 PM   #15162 
Sena Hansler

I never had luck with guppies!! :/ Glad you do lol.

I shall take a trip to the store, just to get out of the house.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #15163 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I do that I have a twenty gallons lots of plants and hard water they love it and because of the wild types they are smaller than domestics.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:55 AM   #15164 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
I do that I have a twenty gallons lots of plants and hard water they love it and because of the wild types they are smaller than domestics.
That's interesting stuff. I can't even keep a guppy alive for some reason. Every other fish in my tank would be healthy but the guppies die. Maybe were I bought them at the time?

My rant-So groggy now that I am taking my meds right. I hate being so tired because I don't want to clean and my husbands step dad is coming over tomorrow to hide some presents from his son at our house. Oh well, family has to love you anyways.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:29 AM   #15165 
twolovers101

Mini rant after seeing posts about guppies

I LOVE guppies, I find them absolutely beautiful and entertaining to watch, I saw some in the store today that were GORGEOUS they were called red tuxedos I think and were bright red and yellow... so pretty...

Anywho, the rant is that I want some guppies and can't have them because I don't have a big enough tank and won't be able to get a big enough tank until next year :(

They were these guys *swoon*

Last edited by twolovers101; 11-04-2012 at 01:33 AM.
twolovers101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:29 AM   #15166 
moonsand0wls

Anti-rant. hehe.
My first Betta I ever got, Kaida, flared for the first time today. I've never seen him do it before, and because he's in his own tank, he has no reason to (except a few pond snail friends :) ) But anyway, I cleaned my tank, and scrubbed and scrubbed the sides, and it must have been so clean he could see himself (it doesn't generally have a mirror-like effect) and he flared so much! He got huuuuge, it was amazing. I know all my other Betta do it, but I've never seen him do it before it was a cool sight to actually see HIM doing it :)
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:35 AM   #15167 
moonsand0wls

Quote:
Originally Posted by twolovers101 View Post
Mini rant after seeing posts about guppies

I LOVE guppies, I find them absolutely beautiful and entertaining to watch, I saw some in the store today that were GORGEOUS they were called red tuxedos I think and were bright red and yellow... so pretty...

Anywho, the rant is that I want some guppies and can't have them because I don't have a big enough tank and won't be able to get a big enough tank until next year :(

They were these guys *swoon*

awwws! they are pretty right :)I hope you can get some :)
Old 11-04-2012, 01:36 AM   #15168 
twolovers101

Yeah, they were soooo pretty in the store, bright vibrant colors... *sigh* I'll just have to wait
Old 11-04-2012, 01:39 AM   #15169 
moonsand0wls

They're really really pretty :P My friend, she breeds hundreds of them, and one of the offspring is deformed and it's tail points up (like the spine must be bent) It's pretty random to see and kind of sad but it swims along just fine :L

I hope you can get some and ASAP :P
Old 11-04-2012, 02:07 AM   #15170 
twolovers101

Yeah, I can't wait, I'm thinking about doing a large heavily planted NPT for them *so many plans* I was just so inspired!!

I think a few of those guys with some albino cories, and a couple of gold mystery snails...

Tags
bettathanyou