Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-04-2012, 04:07 PM   #15181 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Rant I dont know who to believe about emperor tetra.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:36 PM   #15182 
ThePearlFish

Small rant, I thought my friend was gonna come earlier today to visit for a few hours, not a 7pm the night before a work night. Especially when my BF has to be at work early tomorrow so he needs to go to bed earlier... I feel like we are expected to work around her schedule or something..
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #15183 
Jessiefish

My husband wants a snake. Fine. I am so disgusted by pet store corporate greed that I was hoping we could adopt a snake. We went to a pet expo yesterday and the reptile rescue booth had no critters available for adoption -- they were just "showing what they do." Uh, okay. That's helpful. The state herp society booth had a few snakes available for adoption, but, oh, they only adopt to members. I have no problem paying to adopt, but I don't necessarily want to be a member of your organization -- I just want to give a snake a good home! I especially found it funny after they complained about having, like, 5,000 ball pythons.
Jessiefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:45 PM   #15184 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiefish View Post
My husband wants a snake. Fine. I am so disgusted by pet store corporate greed that I was hoping we could adopt a snake. We went to a pet expo yesterday and the reptile rescue booth had no critters available for adoption -- they were just "showing what they do." Uh, okay. That's helpful. The state herp society booth had a few snakes available for adoption, but, oh, they only adopt to members. I have no problem paying to adopt, but I don't necessarily want to be a member of your organization -- I just want to give a snake a good home! I especially found it funny after they complained about having, like, 5,000 ball pythons.
That sucks, you would think they'd want to give the snakes a safe responsible home and reduce their load (aka reduction of operating costs) than keeping and acquiring more animals and spending more to maintain them :/...

I want a snake, but BF says no way, he doesn't like them :(.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:33 PM   #15185 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I would complain if you want them to adopt out they should just have a small fee and make sure they have a good home I mean being a member you probably have to pay to be a member it seems like nom-profit organizations are making a fortune.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #15186 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePearlFish View Post
I want a snake, but BF says no way, he doesn't like them :(.
Wow that's a first that I ever heard a women wanted a snake but the guy didn't! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
I would complain if you want them to adopt out they should just have a small fee and make sure they have a good home I mean being a member you probably have to pay to be a member it seems like nom-profit organizations are making a fortune.
I know right but I guess it must go to feed and house the animals. Though I'm almost sure they pocket a bit too.
thekinetic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:54 PM   #15187 
Jessiefish

They said the membership was $20 a year and they adopt to members for $20, but said they would charge $60 for a membership + adoption if we went through with it yesterday. I'm not sure where the extra $20 came from.
Jessiefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:27 PM   #15188 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
Wow that's a first that I ever heard a women wanted a snake but the guy didn't! :D

I am completely animal crazy, who knows where that came from. I have the two reptiles in my siggy.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #15189 
thekinetic

Oh don't get me wrong snakes are adorable, I think it's either the eyes or their little flicking tongue! :3
thekinetic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:31 PM   #15190 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiefish View Post
They said the membership was $20 a year and they adopt to members for $20, but said they would charge $60 for a membership + adoption if we went through with it yesterday. I'm not sure where the extra $20 came from.
That sounds cheaper done they cost more at other places.

Tags
bettathanyou