Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-05-2012, 12:21 AM   #52201 
thekinetic

Well I'm off to bed, I'm just not feeling well right now. My depression is getting to me, I might actually cry myself to sleep. I haven't done that in a while so hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow. :(
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:52 AM   #52202 
Yuuie

hope you feel better
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:00 AM   #52203 
Tikibirds

Quote:
Because of their capability to utilize atmospheric oxygen, these fish generally are not so dependent on a form of aeration in their tank, as they can rise to the surface of the water and take a breath. The Siamese fighting fish are able to live in small areas because they originate from Thailand (formerly known as "Siam") where they would travel between mud puddles caused by foot prints. Therefore, they require small confines to feel secure
Really, wikipedia, really?
Correct me if I am wrong but aren;t KILLIFISH the ones that actually live in puddles? When the water dries up in africa, they lay dormant till it rains again or something like that

and another storm is headed this way...yay
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:23 AM   #52204 
djembekah

i'm feeling that too kinetic. i dont even know if i'll fall asleep unless i take benadryl.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:50 AM   #52205 
Sakura8

Aw. *hugs* to Kinetic. I'm sorry. I know the feeling so I'm definitely thinking of ya, buddy.

Hi Yuuie!

So who is a member of wikipedia and can go and rewrite that article? Yes, it's killifish who live in puddles and die off annually while their eggs go through a dry dormant period. Not bettas!

Through two and a half volumes. I read up to volume 18 and for some reason never finished the series. Gonna do that now. Just wondering why the anime makes Kurama's hair red when in the manga, it's black. He looks much better with black hair.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:55 AM   #52206 
Tikibirds

I deleted that part from wikiepdia but im sure some idiot will put it back
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:59 AM   #52207 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Moved the hammie cage downstairs. I can NEVER move that darn thing without breaking something. I made all of the Christmas decs fall down on my way down the stairs. Last time I tripped and dropped the cage, much to Poppy's dismay. Now she is happily sleeping. Finnally away from the piano. I always felt guilty practising because I doubt that anyone would want to be awakened by a loud C-Major Scale in Triplets. lol
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:55 AM   #52208 
thekinetic

I know what you mean maisy, that's why I gave up trumpet as a child it was just too loud to practice.

Also OMG I saw the cutest hammies the other night at petco up for adoption that someone had to give up. They were $5 for the hammie, cage, bottle, ect. I almost bought one if I wasn't carrying fish supplies and a plant at the time. O.O
Old 11-05-2012, 09:17 AM   #52209 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
Really, wikipedia, really?
Correct me if I am wrong but aren;t KILLIFISH the ones that actually live in puddles? When the water dries up in africa, they lay dormant till it rains again or something like that

and another storm is headed this way...yay
And yet there are people, including people here, who still insist on quoting wikipedia as a reputable source.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:23 AM   #52210 
thekinetic

Thank you Freyja! Wikipedia is only a last resort for info if there are no other sources available, I have on more than one occasion edited it to correct misinformation. :D

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese