Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-03-2012, 01:18 AM   #21 
Katie2118

I think maybe your Betta just needs to get comfortable in his new habitat. Maybe try some different pellets.
Katie2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:39 PM   #22 
Juicebox

just got back from the fish store an hour or so ago, bought some omega one betta buffet pellets.. i dropped one into the tank,he sucked it in and then spat it back out,i dropped another 2 and he just watched them sinking, 10 mins later i put a couple bloodworms in and he swam so fast after them and sucked them right down his belly..

ive read in other posts about soaking pellets in garlic juice, i have in my fridge a jar of minced garlic,its garlic minced really small pieces and its floating in garlicy juice.

the ingredients on the jar say garlic , water and phosphoric acid.. can i use the juice from this jar to soak a couple of pellets and try? if this stuff is o good then what type of garlic can i use?
Juicebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:05 PM   #23 
Juicebox

forgot to mention i called petco where i got the fish and the guy says they feed their bettas with bettamin betta pellets..

should i now go buy these pellets and try these?im kind of gettin sick of buying jars of pellets and them sittin around goin to waste :(
Old 11-03-2012, 10:02 PM   #24 
Wendyjo

If he gets hungry enough he'll start eating them. You can't keep feeding him bloodoworms (are they frozen or freezedried? Freezedried are not good for them at all). Also, it's common for them to spit out their food and then gobble it back up again.

Be sure that you are removing all that food that he's not eating, or he will get sick eventually.
Wendyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:07 PM   #25 
Juicebox

the bloodworms are frozen,i have been doing a gravel cleaning the last 2 times i changed water,i just cleaned gravel this evening and it was spotless,i got all the old food out so im on top of that,ill stop feeding him alltogether for 2 days and try some pellets mayb he will eat them if hes starving,
Old 11-03-2012, 10:21 PM   #26 
Wendyjo

Yeah, it won't hurt him to miss a few days of food. The frozen blood worms are much better than the freeze dried, but they are still too rich to be his staple diet. Hopefully he'll break down and start eating the pellets soon. They can be very stubborn about it.
Wendyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:59 PM   #27 
lynn1991

I am having the same problem now he will not eat, i have had him since nov 1st of this year, and i no thats not a long time but the first day i had him he ate now he will not, i will be picking up some new pelltes for him tomorrow since i did notice that his food is now 3 months old, could this be a reason for him not to eat, mine is also very scared when i come around but he was building bubble nest when i first got him do that mean he is happy?
lynn1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:29 PM   #28 
Juicebox

mine was very afraid of me but hes not that much scared now,he still moves away from me at times when i go close to the glass but hes gettin more comfortable.he has never built a bubble nest,i just put in some real floating plants yesterday so imhoping maybe ill get some nests soon but from reading around the forum a bubble nest does not mean the fish is happy,even stressed out fish will make them
Old 11-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #29 
ANHEL123

I had a few bettas that i bought for someone and as soon as they start eating the blood worms they refused pellets. One time it took me almost a month to have him eat pellets, but he finally did. You really need him to eat pellets because only blood worms is not enough to keep him healthy.

ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote