Old 11-05-2012, 06:11 PM   #11 
Kitty Whiskers

I love your Betta's colors :)
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:42 PM   #12 
Beccanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown terror View Post
it is pretty blurry, i can definitely see one split, but they look really thick, so it might actually be a second split in there. his dorsal fin is way more like that of a delta or HM than a VT, so keep a weather eye on him, he might just blossom!
He's so small still it's difficult to get a good picture. I took a closer look at him and he is definitely getting some splits at the end of the rays, but they're so tiny yet that it's no wonder they don't show up on camera.

When we got him we figured he'd probably end up a female veiltail (just the odds of a baby Betta bought from Petco of all places), then were surprised to discover him to be a male...so if he does end up a DeT or HM we would be absolutely delighted with that little surprise!
Beccanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:49 PM   #13 
LadyVictorian

Wow I am so jealous. Makes me want to go out and get another baby xD. Though my rescued baby is a female vt though she has some stunning colors. Lots of blue, purple, and red. She's so much bigger now though. A good 3 months old and looking like a real beauty, most colorful female I have ever seen. This thread makes me want to go back and try my hand at picking up a boy like him >.<
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:11 PM   #14 
RichardA

Looks like there may be some cross in him. Like at some point in his lineage there is a wild type in there. Very nice looking!
RichardA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:56 PM   #15 
liz26914

can you put up an updated picture? what does his tail type look like?
liz26914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:59 PM   #16 
Beccanne

Update Photos

These images aren't the best, the front of his tank is dome shaped, so it makes it difficult to get a good shot. As for his fins, he has obviously developed a lot of "spikes," and he is now getting splits on his tail fin. I thought he had stopped developing but these splits just started showing up a few days ago! I guess he's a veil tail, but his tail fin doesn't seem to totally fit that bill so he's probably a cross. I don't know what other tail shape you'd call that!

The first picture is taken with flash, and the second is without. I thought I'd add both just to get the best perspective. Let me know what you think on his tail type!
Attached Images

Beccanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #17 
lillyandquigly

He is so perfect! A totally beautiful classic vt male, he looks like he could have a little crowntail in him! I just love it when vt's have tails that fall so perfectly like that. Good job:)
lillyandquigly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby betta, unknown fish