Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-05-2012, 04:20 PM   #1 
OhNoLenX

New Golden Boy

Ok, so he isn't really gold per-say... more yellow and white cellophane. Either way he wasn't all that attractive in the dark pet shop I bought him in, honestly it took me half an hour to pick a betta but I kept coming back to him. Now I'm glad I did. He has so many colors that come out in the sunlight from green to pink, even some blue. Sad to say, I will not be keeping him, he is actually going to be a gift to my grandmother. I'm setting her up a quaint little 3 gallon planted tank for Christmas and even though he might not be her favorite color (green) he is basically a pandoras box and i cant wait to see how he changes as he matures.

Sorry for the crappy pic, between my camera and the fish neither would cooperate enough to get a decent pic.

Right now he is chilling in a heated half gallon betta bowl with a few plants until his 3 gallon arrives. A bit of food, stress coat and aqua salt and he's already flaring at his reflection. A happy and healthy little fish
OhNoLenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:41 PM   #2 
rubinthebetta

Gorgeous fish!
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:56 PM   #3 
OhNoLenX

Update! Mail man made a late deliver and I got his tank. He is now happily swimming around in his tank with 2 little ghost shrimp companions. Should be nice and cycled by Christmas time when I present him to my grandmother.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-05-2012, 11:19 PM   #4 
DoctorWhoLuver

Nice tank and GORGEOUS fish! :) Are you going to do a fishless cycle? :)
DoctorWhoLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #5 
Kitty Whiskers

Awww he is so cute! I love those kinds of Bettas :)
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #6 
OhNoLenX

I was going too... but I would hate to leave him in his half gallon for so long, I'm still debating. I have 2 months though to get it ready and may help it along with some cultures from my other tanks bio-wheel and some of its rocks. Plus its going to have alot more plants in it soon... so I want to benefit the plants that are already in there...

Meh, just throw it all together and see what happens. If I can do it in a 20 gallon I can do it in a 3 right?

I think what I more worried about is the 15ft drop off behind the tank since its sitting on the balcony... need to move...
Old 11-07-2012, 03:24 AM   #7 
Shrimpsta

I could see right through his tail. <3
Shrimpsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:32 AM   #8 
Karebear13

I would do a fishless cycle. In a three gallon tank the parameters can get crazy. But im sure if you check them daily and do plenty of water changes it can be done. It also does take longer to cycle with fish in cycle though.

Beautiful fish! Your grandma is one lucky lady!
Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:24 PM   #9 
OhNoLenX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karebear13 View Post
I would do a fishless cycle. In a three gallon tank the parameters can get crazy. But im sure if you check them daily and do plenty of water changes it can be done. It also does take longer to cycle with fish in cycle though.

Beautiful fish! Your grandma is one lucky lady!
Its heavily planted now (not pictured) so i figured one fish wouldn't really matter now... it has yet to even get cloudy and the fish seems happy and healthy so I'm just going to keep an eye on it. Most of the plants I grew from bulbs or transplanted from another tank. Doing minor water changes and checking my parameters just in case... even scraped a bit of bacteria from my old biowheel to the new one :P

Last edited by OhNoLenX; 11-07-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:50 PM   #10 
OhNoLenX

On a side note, I just found and removed a large cluster of snail eggs... the joys of buying aquarium plants... crisis averted! (assuming that was all of them)