Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-07-2012, 10:50 AM   #661 
Chesh

It DOES look like an injury of some sort... Melafix is great to aid in healing, too - but of course the question is where did it come from in the first place - do you think his tunnel or any of his other ornaments are small enough that he could have bumped his head on his way in or out?
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:58 PM   #662 
Sakura8

Could be his PVC pipe. I may be confiscating it soon, as he is also getting rather too large for it. Sorry, Sparky, you're down to one hiding spot.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:07 PM   #663 
Chesh

:/ Poor Sparky! He's having a rough week!!! How's the eye looking? Is back to eating still? Pacing slowed? Poor baby. . .
Old 11-07-2012, 06:37 PM   #664 
Sakura8

No more pacing. Now he's back to doing his dead log impression, to the point where I am regularly poking him with a net to make sure he's still alive. o.O I hate when he does that to me. Eating is back, thank goodness! Eye still looks a tad cloudy but overall, he seems to be doing much better. Sparky thanks you all for your concern and wishes he could give you a big fishy hug but uh, his fins aren't big enough to reach and he might zap you.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #665 
Chesh

YAY!!! For once I'm GLAD that to hear that he's being inactive! Normal behavior is a good thing! SO relived to hear that he's looking better and eating again! Go, Sparky, GOOOOO!!!

P.S. I accept air hugs from electric catfish ;)
Old 11-08-2012, 12:00 AM   #666 
Sakura8

Sparky blew you a big electric kiss. :)
Old 11-15-2012, 09:35 AM   #667 
Chesh

Electrifying - even through the air (took a while for the blown kiss to make it here ;))

Just checking in - how's my buddy doing? Hope all is well. . .
Old 11-16-2012, 06:53 PM   #668 
Sakura8

Sparky is pleased to report that he feels superb! The trick now is to keep his tank warm enough. We've purchased some insulation to go around it but haven't yet attached it but even just with a piece leaning against the side, the tank is staying at the proper temp.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:00 AM   #669 
Chesh

HOORAY FOR SPARKY! I'm so relieved to hear he's doing well! *dances*

Insulation . . . poor Sparky - the wisdom of all the ages, and forced to live in a garage cuz' he's stuck being a sausage! Hey, whatever works, neh?!

Just. . . so happy he's well again!
Old 11-17-2012, 02:28 AM   #670 
Sakura8

Soon, so very soon, Sparky will be upgraded to a larger, indoor tank! Can't wait. Was thinking about getting a long 200gal tank and dividing it. One side for the Sparkster and the other side for . . . something else. Black Ghost Knifefish or cichlids.

Ordered Sparky some earthworm pellets from kensfish. He'd better like them, since the shipping almost bankrupted me. Worried about his diet. He needs to eat a variety of foods so he gets all the vitamins and nutrition he needs. But noooo, all he wants are Hikari Massivore Delite pellets. Not the frozen krill or the frozen Ocean Nutrition Formula One or any other fancy foods I got him. Sigh. Sparky, it's like you're eating McDonald's every day.