Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #15291 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
Shew! I only take two meds right now. Lorazapam and Levothyroxine. I am supposed to start an anti depressant but I may have a sleep disorder so the psychiatrist wants me to have that tested first since sleep disorders can cause depression.
I go to bed 8:30 and fall asleep 10:00 to 12:00 hope your sleeping problems get better.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #15292 
moonsand0wls

Ugh the days when I had to take heaps of medications!! I took myself off them though. I had to take tranquilizers to sleep too but I didn't like getting paralysis from them so I don't take them and just stay up until like 5 every morning >_> This site actually does so much for entertaining :L
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #15293 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

my mom only made me take one pill tonight yay.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:08 PM   #15294 
thekinetic

If only there was a pill for nightmares, I'd sleep like the dead! O_O Till then coffee is my friend and I only sleep when I must.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:14 PM   #15295 
moonsand0wls

I found tranquilizers worked, especially because when I sleep I get really bad night terrors. I wouldn't recommend them though >_<
Old 11-08-2012, 08:35 PM   #15296 
BettaHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsand0wls View Post
Ugh the days when I had to take heaps of medications!! I took myself off them though. I had to take tranquilizers to sleep too but I didn't like getting paralysis from them so I don't take them and just stay up until like 5 every morning >_> This site actually does so much for entertaining :L
true

my dr tried to get me to discuss taking anti depressants after i had my first really? I may have my sad days but really do i need to take a tiny man made tablet just to ease other people expectations of how i should feel every single day answer : No My feelings, happy, sad, exhilarated, depressed and everything inbetween make me who i am as a human being and as an individual and if someone or a group of someones have a problem with that then thats their issue not mine.

one of the three bettas i got for 99cents each turns out to be a delta tail only he seems to be blind
Name:  DSC02025.JPG
Views: 37
Size:  46.8 KB
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:52 PM   #15297 
thekinetic

I'm not taking tranquilizers, besides I almost enjoy fighting them. It's just the whole ordeal leaves me mentally tired by dawn. I just miss the beautiful dreams I had when I was younger.

Are you an adult? If so a doctor could probably help you control your night terrors without meds, probably just a simple diet change.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:57 PM   #15298 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaHeart View Post
true

my dr tried to get me to discuss taking anti depressants after i had my first really? I may have my sad days but really do i need to take a tiny man made tablet just to ease other people expectations of how i should feel every single day answer : No My feelings, happy, sad, exhilarated, depressed and everything inbetween make me who i am as a human being and as an individual and if someone or a group of someones have a problem with that then thats their issue not mine.

one of the three bettas i got for 99cents each turns out to be a delta tail only he seems to be blind
Attachment 68147
Oh I so know how you feel, it's like anytime you show any emotion other than happy they think there's something wrong with you. I don't mind sadness and anger and all those things because they're real. I'm real, you're real, we're real so be angry and be sad and be happy but realize being any of those all the time is just wrong.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:21 PM   #15299 
BettaHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
Oh I so know how you feel, it's like anytime you show any emotion other than happy they think there's something wrong with you. I don't mind sadness and anger and all those things because they're real. I'm real, you're real, we're real so be angry and be sad and be happy but realize being any of those all the time is just wrong.
you are right it is wrong to feel one emotion for so long but thats where the person must choose for themselves if that is where they want to remain, innately everyone wants to feel good, they want to feel "lighter" "freer" " more Alive" but i find the old habit of thinking " things will never change" "i cant understand how to meditate or just be in the moment of loving that one moment" , some things need to be discovered on one's own terms, when they are truly willing, accepting and ready to make a change for good.

I love feeling free, I love feeling this warm shining light that has been surrounding me, comforting me during bad times, loving me during happy times and accepting me as I am, for I am a part of it. I was disconnected from it for years ago but when i was nearly killed that changed, now I have returned home so to speak and it is heaven with some cloudy days

As for my blind guy i dont know if he really is or not, during feeding time with bloodworms i have to make sure its in front of his face and pellets i just drop acouple wait for afew and if they are gone drop in acouple more. Strange i never had a blind betta before
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #15300 
moonsand0wls

LOL yeah they're silly. When I got off of them I was still really depressed (I have quite a few "problems"...) but when I got into Betta keeping I found it really therapeutic. Even my bulimia is in check.. for now.

@Bettaheart, naww cute a blind Betta :o. What's his name?

Tags
bettathanyou