Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-08-2012, 05:49 PM   #41 
Gracie8890

Hes looking good! I would also try some stress coat along with aq salt, his fins look clamped from stress, but wow is he gonna be a looker! I love that name btw
Gracie8890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:07 PM   #42 
sareena79

congrats! hope he gets to feeling better and loving his new place. keep the pix coming!
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:10 PM   #43 
Alcemistnv

thanks guys!

And his tank currently has salt and Stress Coat. He's a pig! Eats like crazy lol

How long do you think before I add him to the 10 gallon?
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:13 PM   #44 
LebronTheBetta

I think 3-5 days after he's fully healthy should be good. He needs to keep most of his strength up since a 10 gallon is pretty big, divided or not.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:15 PM   #45 
Alcemistnv

sounds good :)
I defintiely wasn't going to add him til he was completely okay, but having a timeframe is good.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:04 PM   #46 
Alcemistnv

UPDATE: Banana is definitely swimming around a lot more! His pectoral fins are cute. Instead of a round shape, they're more oval shaped, so they can be seen halfway down his body. He's also still eating a lot, thankfully.

His fins are turning a darker color so fingers crossed he mightt change color x3

The yellow I see just might be an offset white, which means it's possible he's a marble, or he just lost all his color. Time will tell~
Old 11-08-2012, 08:08 PM   #47 
sareena79

its crazy how much they can change with just a little TLC....mine looks alot better than he did when I 1st brought him home and he wasnt even the worst one in the bunch (actually he was one of the better ones cuz I was so new @ fish I was scared to bite off more than I could chew with a sick one) sometimes I feel guilty about not taking a sick one and nursing it back to health but I wouldnt have known the 1st thing to do and probably would have done more harm than good. I applaud those of u who rescue :)
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:32 PM   #48 
ao
TFK Moderator

banananannnananannaaa ~
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:35 PM   #49 
Alcemistnv

Quote:
Originally Posted by sareena79 View Post
its crazy how much they can change with just a little TLC....mine looks alot better than he did when I 1st brought him home and he wasnt even the worst one in the bunch (actually he was one of the better ones cuz I was so new @ fish I was scared to bite off more than I could chew with a sick one) sometimes I feel guilty about not taking a sick one and nursing it back to health but I wouldnt have known the 1st thing to do and probably would have done more harm than good. I applaud those of u who rescue :)
I felt like I needed to get him because when I went to the pet store for Jingles, I actually almost got him, but at that point I basically ruled him off to die soon. Well, little would I know that he would still be there every time I went to the store afterwards. I know the owner doesn't ever think of flushing her fish, nor will she do anything to hurt them. She changes their cup everyday, even thought they are small.

So, when I saw him, I knew he'd probably surprise me. Unfortunately, it was snowing and was windy out and I went to the grocery store after, so he had a bit of a bumpy ride. I'm just happy that Day 1 is over and he's doing much better :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
banananannnananannaaa ~
You sound just like me in the store xD
Old 11-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #50 
Alcemistnv

Day 3 UPDATE: He's unclamping more, his caudal is showing more and more that he's definitely a veiltail.

I've noticed that he likes to surf along the sand on the bottom and doesn't really swim at the top of the tank. However, he is active. Not as active as the others, but active enough for me to know he's okay :)

Fed him 3 Omega pellets so far and he's showing no sign of bloat so I might feed him later. Thinking of doing another water change tomorrow, or should I do one today? He's in the .5 gallon with Stress Coat and some AQ salt.

Last edited by Alcemistnv; 11-09-2012 at 01:50 PM.