Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #15301 
moonsand0wls

Ohhh... And awhile back, I posted on here about my boyfriend being in hospital after a car crash and breaking every bone in his body... well, now he's able to be in a wheel chair for a little while each day, and can actually have assisted showers now!! I'm so happy for him, his recovery is going well. Hehe brought my mood up.
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #15302 
BettaHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsand0wls View Post
LOL yeah they're silly. When I got off of them I was still really depressed (I have quite a few "problems"...) but when I got into Betta keeping I found it really therapeutic. Even my bulimia is in check.. for now.

@Bettaheart, naww cute a blind Betta :o. What's his name?
his name is Zatoichi
it was a name of a previous betta but i felt it suit this guy more

Thats great ... and i thought you said he was your ex
Well atleast he is getting better
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:28 PM   #15303 
moonsand0wls

OMG THAT'S SUCH A CUTE NAME!! o_o

And, well, yeah he was my ex at the time... We're back together now :'3
Old 11-08-2012, 11:07 PM   #15304 
moonsand0wls

Ugh. I think one of the females I recently rescued has dropsy :c I feel really bad. I also feel even more bad because I don't have the money or the medication to treat her.. I ran out of medication as I let my sister use it and the recession is really bad and I haven't been able to stock up again. Ugh. What a mood blower.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:14 AM   #15305 
moonsand0wls

I've been on this forum for awhile and editing my comments still give me a mind stump, ugh.

Anyhow, I thought that Katara had dropsy because it looked like her scales were raised, but it turns out they weren't (I looked from birds eye view, no raised scales), it just turns out it's because she's getting her color back (I think). I'll keep an eye on her for the next few days.

Her water is really hard to keep warm without a heater, so, until I get one I transferred her into a big container and put her into the same heated tank that I containered the bully female. I pegged them next to eachother. Katara saw her and flared for the first time since I've had her (she's usually the one getting bullied) so I guess her being in her own tank made her more happier, thus being able to stick up for herself. So proud of her.

ANYWAYS! Because the two females were flaring at eachother, I have now since realized that they infact are NOT PK, but are DT .. I'm pretty sure. When they flare, their caudal fins looked like there were two of them? Split? This is the main characteristic of a double tail, right?

:) I will post another thread and find out.

I've realised I spent a LOT of time on this thread... sigh.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:49 AM   #15306 
BettaHeart

all is well i mainly post in this thread and just read the other sections (better to read then get my head chewed off when i post a reply )

And it sounds like you got acouple double tail, you can rarely find any doubletail females and crowntails are even harder to find. One reason why Im looking for a good male
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:32 AM   #15307 
twolovers101

@ moonsandowls

Wow I'm glad he's doing better!!

Also, DT females are pretty cool, I only see them every now and then and only at walmart where they're usually half dead anyway :(

@ Bettaheart
It's weird that you're having a hard time finding CT females... me and my fiance have 2, and they're practically all they have at petsmart here
twolovers101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:38 AM   #15308 
moonsand0wls

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaHeart View Post
all is well i mainly post in this thread and just read the other sections (better to read then get my head chewed off when i post a reply )

And it sounds like you got acouple double tail, you can rarely find any doubletail females and crowntails are even harder to find. One reason why Im looking for a good male
I have a lot of emotional and mental problems and I find it really nice to be able to actually write them out on here and generally not get judged because of them. I like to write which is very funny because I can never keep a diary (I end up drawing all over them).

And ohh that's so cool for me then, isn't it!! ;) The person I rescued them off didn't know anything about them, and unsuprprisingly, their tail types. Today has been the first day I've fully seen them flare and their tails expand right out. It's very pretty. Katara's tail (the one who was the bullied one) is a little tattered from the bullying but the tail is still pretty obvious when she flares.

x)
Old 11-09-2012, 01:40 AM   #15309 
moonsand0wls

Quote:
Originally Posted by twolovers101 View Post
@ moonsandowls

Wow I'm glad he's doing better!!

Also, DT females are pretty cool, I only see them every now and then and only at walmart where they're usually half dead anyway :(

@ Bettaheart
It's weird that you're having a hard time finding CT females... me and my fiance have 2, and they're practically all they have at petsmart here
Thank you :) I am so much happier now knowing he's making a good recovery. He almost lost his foot and he had to go in for more emergency surgery but him being able to go in a wheelchair for short amounts of time daily is a really good step towards health for him. He's been in one twice in the past two days! Yay. Although I am quite uneasy about another women showering him (yes yes, I know, she's a nurse...) I'd rather be the one showering him LOL 8)
Old 11-09-2012, 01:45 AM   #15310 
twolovers101

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsand0wls View Post
Thank you :) I am so much happier now knowing he's making a good recovery. He almost lost his foot and he had to go in for more emergency surgery but him being able to go in a wheelchair for short amounts of time daily is a really good step towards health for him. He's been in one twice in the past two days! Yay. Although I am quite uneasy about another women showering him (yes yes, I know, she's a nurse...) I'd rather be the one showering him LOL 8)
Ahaha I know how you feel (well sort of at least) when David (my fiance) had to have corrective jaw surgery I was a mess I flew to his house (usually a 4 hour drive for me) and spent the first week with him getting up every 2 hours to make sure he got his meds on time, fetching ice, etc. The whole time I was a nervous wreck, I crocheted a scarf for him that was over 7 feet long in a few hours xD
twolovers101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou