Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-08-2012, 01:45 PM   #11 
DragonFish

Careful with the plastic plants there.....even the 'softest' ones can shred fins pretty good, and your boy looks like hes got some nice long fins that would catch pretty easily.

That first pic.....was that before you took some of the plants out or after? Both pictures look like a fair amount of cover.
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:46 PM   #12 
asukabetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Perhaps remove some of the gravel, it looks a bit crowded to me.. When I kept my 1g I had the gravel enough to just cover the bottom to increase swimming space.
Glad he's perking up. Instead of freezedried worms, pick up some frozen worms. I guarantee enthusiasm! lol
I'm allergic, my throat burns, eyes water, and my nose feels like they stuck flames in there. I am not so allergic to the dried ones. As long as I wash my hands and aren't exposed for too long.

Also The gravel I put was the stabilize the plants, but I can try to reduce it I guess, though I never had issues with it before

Last edited by asukabetta; 11-08-2012 at 01:49 PM.
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:47 PM   #13 
asukabetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFish View Post
Careful with the plastic plants there.....even the 'softest' ones can shred fins pretty good, and your boy looks like hes got some nice long fins that would catch pretty easily.

That first pic.....was that before you took some of the plants out or after? Both pictures look like a fair amount of cover.
first pic was before. Second pic I added the yellow plant. Don't worry I do watch on decor, the one mistake I did, was putting in a figurine that he got his tail caught up in. All are panty hose rubbed approved lol XD

Last edited by asukabetta; 11-08-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:48 PM   #14 
Laki

I use a plastic syringe to feed bloodworms. I don't touch them ^-^
But you can try daphnia or some other worm?
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:59 PM   #15 
asukabetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
I use a plastic syringe to feed bloodworms. I don't touch them ^-^
But you can try daphnia or some other worm?

I cannot be near it or exposed to it in anyway, I went to the store to get some, they just brought the container and opened it for me to see and I almost felt like drowning my head in a toilet and flushing it lol.

And no, they do not sell those here, just blood worms and Artemia (brine shrimp), but I cannot afford it at the price they put it lol. 50 E for the artemia eggs...? without including the food for artemia? No thanks. I would rather use 50 E to upgrade my betta's tank XD
Old 11-08-2012, 02:05 PM   #16 
DragonFish

I meant like before you had made the change a week ago when you said you took out some of the cover, since in both pictures your tank seemed to have a decent amount of cover...xD
I've found the panty hose test isn't always reliable....personally I don't trust or like the look of any plastic plant though. xD But if you haven't had any problems so far, awesome!

How is he doing so far with the new plant? Has he perked up any or does he seem a little more stressed?
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:13 PM   #17 
asukabetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFish View Post
I meant like before you had made the change a week ago when you said you took out some of the cover, since in both pictures your tank seemed to have a decent amount of cover...xD
I've found the panty hose test isn't always reliable....personally I don't trust or like the look of any plastic plant though. xD But if you haven't had any problems so far, awesome!

How is he doing so far with the new plant? Has he perked up any or does he seem a little more stressed?
He's investigating it and laying on it and yes the change was done like a week ago, since the full water change. And one of the plants is silk, I couldn't find anymore that were silk for such a small tank that were decent. Q_Q I hope to get him real plants when I upgrade him.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:31 AM   #18 
asukabetta

I have another theory, he stops being so pale when I'm paying attention to him, could it be a call for attention? I know he knows there's another betta around even if he cannot see it, he saw it once when I was adapting cheshire to his tank when he first came home. And it's pretty much when the paling begun.