Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-28-2012, 02:48 AM   #341 
Aus

Pilot, I'd love it if you posted a poem!

Daughter did not get her nose pierced. She got her camera, a new DS and a Wacom Bamboo tablet, so made out like a bandit and should be happy with all that!

Tattoos a/ hurt b/ are really hard to remove when you change your mind/get sick of them/ get older and realise they aren't nearly as cool as they seemed when you were younger. I would recommend not getting any til you're at least 25 and know where your head's at. They really are forever...

Shrimp update: So it seems that FOUR of my Darwin shrimp are carrying eggs!!!! I am going to have a LOT of baby shrimp, if they all manage to survive. I would recommend these shrimp to anybody who likes inverts and hates algae, they do a brilliant job at keeping the moss clean.

So it's water change day, and I am tempted to do some major overhauls. Bloody Cole has torn up his nice new ludwigia and pogo, they're floating about.. looking healthy, though. Aang loves them (he got some too).. but the cat has decided that his tank is the new water bowl, as I can't find the lid for it.. and Tom-tom's decided that fish water is not just tasty but also comes with free entertainment, lol.

Luckily for Aang, Tom-tom hates getting his paws wet..

I actually have a LOT to write about this week, so expect some hefty posts in the near future!

Last edited by Aus; 10-28-2012 at 02:50 AM.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:31 AM   #342 
Pilot00

Problem for tatoo is not age or how much I like them, but my skin. It tends to be oversensitive. If I take a shower and you look at my back you would think that a mule kicked me! Good think is it last only for a few minutes but still...

This poem, I cant remember the artist though...

A way has to be found for all
God's creatures to coexist.
To bring harmony and justice
To Wolves, and Gorillas in the mist.
So, before you condemn him,
Or shoot him -- even worse
Remember the Wolf, like Indians
Inhabited this land first.
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:17 PM   #343 
Aus

Great poem, pilot! And a very true sentiment behind it. I have this funny feeling I've read that poem before, but it was longer? I read so much online, I can't keep track.. maybe I'm mistaken.

I hadn't thought to ask people to share their favourite poems with me. But I wish you all would!

As for what's been going on - my 91 year old grandmother is not doing so good. After a life of fierce independence and sharp wit, she is in a nursing home with dementia, and a broken hip. I went to see her the other day and it just gutted me. She didn't know who I was.. nor Daughter... I wasn't upset about that, but moreso just that she isn't herself and at times I am sure she she knows it. The sadness of that is hard to take. She always said 'if I lose my mind, have me put to sleep. I don't want to live like that'. So I've been a bit down about it all.

My grandmother raised me, pretty much. I can't imagine a world without her in it. Now I'm getting all teary...

My health's not been great, either. I feel very out of sorts, and my condition has flared up quite badly, making it harder to do the simplest things, or go anywhere. I haven't been sleeping well, either.

But amid it all, I do try to find reason to laugh. Tonight was Halloween here, and Irish and I sat out in the cool air of the back yard with Daughter, swapping ghost stories (funny ones, mostly)... Daughter literally fell over when I mentioned the name of one of my teenage-era boyfriends. Okay, he really had a silly-sounding name! But Daughter rolling around in fits on the lawn about it was even funnier.

More tomorrow, I hope. I have some poems to post and updates to give. Happy Halloween, everyone!
Old 10-31-2012, 08:02 PM   #344 
Pilot00

Thats short of strange. You see I was in foul mood as well this last months, but today I realized that I cant fight the world. At least not anymore. I have reached a dead end in my employment options and though I know it will bite me in the butt in the future, I decided not to worry anymore and enjoy life whoever it comes out.

Hope you feel better in the future and my greatest wishes to your gran.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 11-10-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:13 AM   #345 
Hallyx
Reference Team

My Dad's in a nursing home at 91 years-old--- blind, mostly deaf and no short-term memory to speak of, not much long-term anymore (I have to remind him who I am when I call)--but, in many ways, physically healthier than I am. So I know exactly how you feel.

My wife and I are making sure (in writing) that neither of us will have to live that way.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:16 AM   #346 
SeaHorse
TFK Moderator

Feeling your pain (and aches) and right there with you. Dad is 85 finally settled into a lovely home that he likes and is thriving again. We nearly lost him twice this year. Stressful when we are all 2 hours away, makes for a long day to visit and you get no work done. I'm self employed and I can't pay the bills when I'm driving. That sounds crass, I don't mean it to be at all, it's just the facts. Just another dimension of how some have to deal with our aging parents.
Aus I'm glad you had a good laugh with daughter and Irish. What fun.

Hang in there tho... there are many feeling the anxiety in the world right now. It's a phase we are all in right now... the Mayan calender?... Astrology?...I don't know the science... It's huge and we are are all in it. Hang in there until after Christmas, into the New Year.
They even told us in business not to spend 2012 competing. 2012 MUST be a year of relationships and working together even with our competition. Several of us have managed to secure exclusive work by providing components together, complimenting each other's work. That kind of thing. It's amazing what a little effort has made by working together. It has lined up bookings and work for the next year and we have our own support group to achieve it and several sets of eyes watching out. And yet we all have our own businesses, make and sell different products/services with some overlaps. I would call it a higher level than networking.... it's business relationship building. What I tell all small business owners... "Find your niche... And do it well!"
It's finding your way to do your business/work/art from home and be home when you feel crappy. Even if that is everyday. I know there must be people out there who would buy your art!! Book illustrating? With the internet you could draw for anyone in the world! It's just finding the right connections. They say it's 6 degrees of separation but with the internet I'm finding it's often really only 2.
SeaHorse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:59 AM   #347 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm also taking care of an aging parent. It's especially hard when you can't drive. I'm waiting g now for someone to take me out to run errands.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:40 AM   #348 
Aus

Well, bettafish.commers...

It's been a while, for several reasons. Mainly, I've been just exhausted in general for a while. This was of course leading up to another bout in hospital, major infection for which I've been on drip antibiotics and thankfully at-home nursing care for a while now. But slowly improving, which is awesome.

Also, I stared writing again, which consumes a deal of my time. But I missed talking about my fish and reading about yours, so I think I'll just have to make some regular bettafish time, eh?

Everyone's doing great, though, fish-wise. No more losses since the strohi.. all are happy, fat and doing well in the heat (which is hotting up for summer proper, gonna be a scorcher, I think).

The planted tanks are doing great too.. Cole's a bit of a messy jungle in need of some work, but it looks lush and jungly. Cleo's had a susswassertang explosion, I had to move a huge chunk up the back of the tank so I could see the rest of it, ha. Aang's tank needs work, too, but I just have not been well enough to do anything about it. Omg, and the poor catfish and Darwin shrimp are STILL in a 55L tub, but I don't really think they care... they're all still kicking along just fine. Demyx was moved up to a 3 gallon keeper, and he loves it. Okay, so he chews his tail off like an idiot so he can zoom around the tank without tons of drag behind him.. silly fish.. but despite all odds, the little booger is still kicking and happy as ever.

So there's a really quick update, whew.

I hope you're all doing well - and if you're not, that things are better soon. I also hope to be around more often!
Old 12-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #349 
SeaHorse
TFK Moderator

So nice to see you back! Please take it slow and work on your recovery!! Wonderful to hear you are writing again!!
We are heading into winter, there is snow on the ground!... (I like spring and fall best!) Gotta get new skates for the pond just a block away! ( I can see it from my driveway, it's that close!)
SeaHorse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:30 PM   #350 
Pilot00

No real good news from me, but thats beside the point. Glad to hear you are ok, I was starting to worry to be honest. Hope you recover pretty soon, I miss your poems. Heres a toast to your health and speedy recovery!