Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-10-2012, 09:35 PM   #1 
paloverde

Need chocolates help!

Hope Chocolate sees this, I need an experts help with feeding my betta. Is live food better than dry food?
paloverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:39 PM   #2 
Mo

In some cases yes. If you can offer the variation to provide a diet with adequate supplements of each and every needed part of a balanced diet for a Betta Splendens. Which will be very challenging, culturing all of the foods and attaining them will be a pain in the neck so If you can provide a good staple pellet dry food such as New Life Spectrum or Golden Pearls with once a week feeding of live foods then that will offer variety and a good diet

-Mo
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #3 
Alcemistnv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo View Post
In some cases yes. If you can offer mthe variation to provide a diet with adequate supplements of each and every needed part of the balanced diet. Which will be very challenging. If you can provide a good staple pellet dry food such as New Life Spectrum or Golden Pearls with once a week feeding of live foods then that will offer variety and a good diet

-Mo
+1

As Mo said.

I myself use a combination mini Betta Pellets and Omega ones (with some Hikari pellets). I'm planning on getting live food once I go to the pet store with money. I believe live food vs pelelts is kinda like the dry food vs. Canned food for dogs.

The live/canned food has more benefits than the regular dry food :)
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:43 PM   #4 
SinX7

Live is better and they have more juice like fresh steak from the Kitchen Lol.
SinX7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:45 PM   #5 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Live food is Better if the live food is healthy it also depends on the species of live food. I use Flightless Fruit Flies. Carter also recieves New life spectrum, Omega one, Hikari, and Freeze dried bloodworms variety is vaery important to health.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #6 
paloverde

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
Live food is Better if the live food is healthy it also depends on the species of live food. I use Flightless Fruit Flies. Carter also recieves New life spectrum, Omega one, Hikari, and Freeze dried bloodworms variety is vaery important to health.
Where would I get fligtless fruit flies?
paloverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:50 PM   #7 
Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinX7 View Post
Live is better and they have more juice like fresh steak from the Kitchen Lol.
But imagine how healthy you'd be if you ate steak every meal. "Steak" wouldn't provide the variety of nutrients you Need would it?
Old 11-10-2012, 09:52 PM   #8 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

You can feed all live food but do not feed only one species if you can feed like 6 different live foods it can work. Thialand Breeders only feed live food. Local pet stores commonly sell is but if you want online you can find many different types of live food also even guppy fry occisionally would be healthy.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:53 PM   #9 
Alcemistnv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo View Post
But imagine how healthy you'd be if you ate steak every meal. "Steak" wouldn't provide the variety of nutrients you Need would it?
hence why varied foods are good! :D

Also, remember freeze dried foods like bloodworms are good for treats. Made that mistake once.
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:55 PM   #10 
Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
You can feed all live food but do not feed only one species if you can feed like 6 different live foods it can work. Thialand Breeders only feed live food. Local pet stores commonly sell is but if you want online you can find many different types of live food also even guppy fry occisionally would be healthy.
Because they have access to the natural foods Betta eats. While on the other hand it's a struggle to get every food Bettas eat in the wild where we are