Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-10-2012, 02:06 AM   #11 
MidTnBetta

Hey, I totally just saw these messages. Epic fail. lol

I can try to get more pictures of him. He's finally settled in to his tank, so he's a lot happier now. Stress stripes are completely gone, and he now comes to visit the front of his tank when he sees me. I've been crushing the Hikari pellets for Newbie since his mouth seems to be smaller than Atlas and Cooper's but I'm pretty much attributing that to him being younger. He's quite the pig. I thought when I first got him that he was an orchid, but reading up on colors, I'm guessing he's a wild type. I just think it's neat the way he's got the moon coloring on his tail w/ the clear black fin edges. I'll try to get more pics of him now that he's settled in.
MidTnBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:03 AM   #12 
homegrown terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTnBetta View Post
This one may have come in that way. They'd only had their shipment maybe 3 days total. Water was crystal clear and they'd been fed at least once. I found a pellet on top of newbie's cup. I think I just happened to catch them early when they hadn't been sitting there. I know they weren't there a few days ago as I try to check when I'm in there. I keep saying I can get just one more if I split my 5 gallon tank. lol I really want a female but WM doesn't carry them and the LPS fish are not the nicest.
if you can make it into murfreesboro, you can usually find nice halfmoons at either petco or petsmart. it's weird, there's NEVER a time when both stores have nice bettas, it always swings from one direction to the other (right now petsmart's got the prettier fish, but that might change)
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #13 
MidTnBetta

I'll have to check. I'm only about 30 mins from M'boro so I'll have to make the trip. I'm planning on dividing my 10 gallon once Newbie gets the all clear. So he and Atlas will be in it, Coop's got the 5 gallon to himself right now. I'm also planning on buying a friends 20 gallon tank and attempting to do a planted tank with it. Which will leave me with the need to buy a pretty new boy.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #14 
MidTnBetta

I am wondering though if there's a local breeder they get their stock from or if they order them in. Like at walmart, except for the CTs, all the veil tails looked like they were from the same spawn.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #15 
homegrown terror

Quote:
I am wondering though if there's a local breeder they get their stock from or if they order them in. Like at walmart, except for the CTs, all the veil tails looked like they were from the same spawn.
walmart's fish are all bred by a national industrial-scale breeding operation. i've yet to find any local breeders, but both Mo and Polukoff on here are in texas, so they're not far away, and have BEAUTIFUL fish. also, there's a large-scale importer in atlanta, her auctions on aquabid are under the name "hopdiggity"

for that 20g planted, you should start a sorority!
Old 11-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #16 
MyRainbowBettaFish

can is steal your fish lol

newbie looks like a roundtail, beautiful fin shape!!!
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:55 AM   #17 
MidTnBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRainbowBettaFish View Post
can is steal your fish lol

newbie looks like a roundtail, beautiful fin shape!!!
Lol thanks! I can't figure out how old he is, but I know compared to my other guys he's probably about a year younger than them. He's coming into his personality now. I went to feed him earlier (been crushing his pellets) and he pretty much attacks them. He's a ham.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:57 AM   #18 
MidTnBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown terror View Post
walmart's fish are all bred by a national industrial-scale breeding operation. i've yet to find any local breeders, but both Mo and Polukoff on here are in texas, so they're not far away, and have BEAUTIFUL fish. also, there's a large-scale importer in atlanta, her auctions on aquabid are under the name "hopdiggity"

for that 20g planted, you should start a sorority!
I'd love to start a sorority. Save some females out of cups at the same time. I wish I could find some breeders in this area. I'll have to run to M'boro this week and check out what they've got. I'd love to find another dark green HMPK. I've been eyeballing everyone's fish on Aquabid and Ebay.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:58 AM   #19 
homegrown terror

Quote:
I'd love to start a sorority. Save some females out of cups at the same time. I wish I could find some breeders in this area. I'll have to run to M'boro this week and check out what they've got. I'd love to find another dark green HMPK. I've been eyeballing everyone's fish on Aquabid and Ebay.
my fiance was at petsmart last night, and i'm afraid she pretty much cleared them out of females! if you go there, though, there is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL green DS DTPK with red fins, a minty greenish-white PK with darker green marbling, and a TRUE PURPLE crowntail (not a lavender) all of which would be mine if i had some spare tanks.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:27 AM   #20 
MidTnBetta

Oh you're killing me! I'd planned on going to both in the morning. I'm going to be on the hunt for some plants. I'm also going to be picking up the 20 gallon in the morning too. So I need to figure out if I want to divide it for my boys and have Atlas and Newbie in the 20, Coop in his 5. Then I need to decide, if I do that, if I want to make a community tank out of my 10 or use it for 1 or 2 new boys. Decisions, decisions! I've been on the prowl for a nice PK. I may have to check out their PKs. Which is the better place to find plants? I can't spend a ton on it, but I do have a petsmart members card. What's a DS?