Age restriction doesn't matter why? Because this is the internet. You have to admit there were times where to apply or make an account you had to confirm that you were "16 over" or something and you just said yes. Or clicked the ""I agree to the disclaimer" without reading it. Those sites just do it to be out of the hot zone, as there is NO certain way on the net to assure that the person is a certain age, except pages like paypal that try to make sure you are overage, by asking you country specific ids, and such. Which isn't applied to forums because then no one would apply.
Minors should be always aware of:
- Being cautious, you never know who is on the other side of the monitor
- Never give out personal information, from real name to location, anything applies - If you want to buy online, have your parents do it for you.
- Do not instigate - I find that instigating or getting trouble with a particular stranger on the net can lead to disastrous consequences later, if you found someone offensive, report to a moderator and do not take matters to your own hands.
- Use antiviruses. Have software that protects your computer against worms, malware, spyware, ransomware...
- Communicate - Make sure your parents know what you are doing, have them help you even, let them supervise you.
these are things I tell my sisters all the time.
Last edited by asukabetta; 11-11-2012 at 05:49 AM.