Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-11-2012, 02:43 PM   #1 
RaptorX8

Getting lethargic after ich treatment

So Plumbob has been in his 1 gallon hospital tank for 10 days now for ich. He's been getting 100% water changes every day, aquarium salt treatment, stress coat, and raised temps. Ick is gone, but I'm waiting to put him back into his tank to make sure the little buggers are dead in there.

Past couple of days I've been slowly getting rid of the salt and lowering the temperature. He's now back to no salt and temp at 80f.

Ever since I started putting in less salt I've noticed he's getting more lethargic and resting more and more on the bottom, on the thermometer or the heater. He's been eating until this morning he showed no interest in the pellets. He did get kinda stressed last night doing the water change, he actually fought against getting sucked into his cup.

He has no other symptoms. The ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate are all 0 due to the water changes. I ran outside and grabbed a couple of dried oak leaves, washed them, and put them in his tank before I had to go. I got some frozen daphnia today and I'll see if he'll eat some of that when I get home tonight, just in case.

Is there anything else I should be doing? Should I be concerned yet or just wait and see? Risk putting him back in his regular tank and see if he perks up and hope the ich is dead?

I'm a worrywart, sorry.
RaptorX8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:28 PM   #2 
RaptorX8

Never mind everyone. I called home and was told Plumbob passed away. I'm sitting at work and trying not to cry. I only had him two weeks, but still....
RaptorX8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:00 PM   #3 
DoctorWhoLuver

I'm so sorry... :'( May he S.I.P <3 What a cute name; I'm sorry no one replied either :(
DoctorWhoLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:39 PM   #4 
jeremywadejunior

I'm so sorry. :( He was lucky to have an owner that cared so much for his health. I'm sure he had a great couple of weeks living with you!! <3
jeremywadejunior is offline   Reply With Quote