Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #21 
Sakura8

If the Ecktol has the methylene, then yes, go ahead and switch because the Mycopur won't do anything. In the meantime, you can look for pure methylene blue. I honestly can't say if it would be pronounced any differently in Spanish but it's pretty commonly used so your aquarium store should hopefully know what you're talking about. For now, use the Ecktol as the package directs and don't worry about the bath instructions.

IAL would be helpful, yes. If you have any Indian Almond leaf or even naturally dried oak leaves, you can crumble those into Blueberry's tank.

Sometimes bad things happen to good fishkeepers, Asuka. Don't blame yourself. As long as you keep the water clean and warm you are doing a good job as a fish keeper. Even the best fishkeepers lose fish to diseases.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:08 PM   #22 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

http://www.amazon.com/Catappa-Ketapa...+Almond+Leaves http://www.bobstropicalplants.com/sh...nd-leaves.html Here is some IAL.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #23 
asukabetta

thanks choc, I have a friend sending me some :), I have dried oak leaves. But I will keep this in mind for whenI need more :D it was really kind of you, I really appreciate the support
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:01 PM   #24 
asukabetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
If the Ecktol has the methylene, then yes, go ahead and switch because the Mycopur won't do anything. In the meantime, you can look for pure methylene blue. I honestly can't say if it would be pronounced any differently in Spanish but it's pretty commonly used so your aquarium store should hopefully know what you're talking about. For now, use the Ecktol as the package directs and don't worry about the bath instructions.

IAL would be helpful, yes. If you have any Indian Almond leaf or even naturally dried oak leaves, you can crumble those into Blueberry's tank.

Sometimes bad things happen to good fishkeepers, Asuka. Don't blame yourself. As long as you keep the water clean and warm you are doing a good job as a fish keeper. Even the best fishkeepers lose fish to diseases.
trying not to but, if you look at my history I've killed 2 rescue betta within 2 months. Q_Q Each one of them were too grave for me to save them but that doesn't make me feel any better as I was determined.

Then these bettas have been with me for 2 months and blueberry is sick, cheshire got sick... I'm starting to wonder if there is something I am doing wrong. Or maybe I'm just a panicky worrywart.

Anyways on a brighter note, the fungus infected part fell off during the water change and it looks sore but no signs of fungus/columnaris anywhere on his body. He isn't out of the woods yet but I'm hoping you know :)

Blueberry was my first official betta, he's the one that made me love bettas more than anything, it was love at first sight. I saw him, and I knew he we were meant to be friends. Corny as it sounds.

Anyways see his fin :D no signs of fungus! Hoping for the best! Regrowth on his dorsal fin, made my day.
Attached Images

Old 11-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #25 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Hope he recovers I still see stress stripes so he must still be recovering remember higher temp.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #26 
asukabetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
Hope he recovers I still see stress stripes so he must still be recovering remember higher temp.
I will raise it in a few days, want to make sure there is no fungus first, so far he's stressed and laying on the bottom, gasping a little. It might be ebcause of the 100% water change I just did XD
Old 11-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #27 
Sakura8

Asuka, you don't even want to know my track record. The bottom line is when we rescue bettas that are in less than stellar health, we always run the risk of not being able to help them. Even if we can't cure them, at least we know that we've given them some time in good clean water and some love, which is more than they would get if we hadn't picked them up and brought them home.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:05 PM   #28 
asukabetta

Quote:
Asuka, you don't even want to know my track record. The bottom line is when we rescue bettas that are in less than stellar health, we always run the risk of not being able to help them. Even if we can't cure them, at least we know that we've given them some time in good clean water and some love, which is more than they would get if we hadn't picked them up and brought them home.
that is true :) thanks sakura your words make my day, btw does blue look a bit better
Old 11-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #29 
Sakura8

He does look better. :) The split in his dorsal fin will probably start to heal on its own. It's a large fin so I'm not surprised it split and it probably doesn't have anything to do with the fuzzies on his tail.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:32 AM   #30 
asukabetta

Quote:
He does look better. :) The split in his dorsal fin will probably start to heal on its own. It's a large fin so I'm not surprised it split and it probably doesn't have anything to do with the fuzzies on his tail.
yeah he got it from flaring... he flared and rippppp... >_< he has little regrowths there so I'm happy though XD