Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #11 
fishyMcDoodle

these tanks make me feel bad for having fake plants haha.. they're all so awesome! I'm impressed at how spacious the 5 Gal tanks look, in hindsight, my decorations are admittedly too big
fishyMcDoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #12 
Wendyjo

Well mine aren't heavily planted, unless you count duckweed. I use a mix of live and fake plants in my small tanks cause I don't like to plant in the substrate.

Here is Wizards tank:

Here is Geezers tank - I just ripped off a big chunk of his java fern to put in the quarantine tank my baby is in, so it's alot smaller than it usually is:

Here's my community tank - I often keep a female betta in there so I figure I can post a pic of it as well even tho there's no betta in it when these pics were taken:

Wendyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:46 PM   #13 
rmarkham

Here's a video of my planted 29G tank... it doesn't have any bettas in it, but it could still inspire a planted betta tank :)
(select highest quality for viewing, it was shot in 1080p)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-uMVNSlawY
rmarkham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:46 PM   #14 
rmarkham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendyjo View Post
Well mine aren't heavily planted, unless you count duckweed. I use a mix of live and fake plants in my small tanks cause I don't like to plant in the substrate.

Here is Wizards tank:

Here is Geezers tank - I just ripped off a big chunk of his java fern to put in the quarantine tank my baby is in, so it's alot smaller than it usually is:

Here's my community tank - I often keep a female betta in there so I figure I can post a pic of it as well even tho there's no betta in it when these pics were taken:

LOVE that tank! I have the same suction cup things!
rmarkham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #15 
laurenmekal

coolest idea for a planted tank!
Attached Images

laurenmekal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:28 PM   #16 
horsyqueen

I love plants, I will post my planted Betta tank tommrow.
I do like that tree like tank, reminds me of a bonsai :)
horsyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:45 AM   #17 
Kytkattin

How do you get the Java ferns so big?!? Mine seem so tiny now. lol.

I would post mine, but alas, I left my camera back home and won't see my fish for a week! Amazing tanks here though, thanks everyone for sharing!
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:54 AM   #18 
Wendyjo

I have a java fern the size of my head in my big tank. Seriously, it's huge. I got it as one of those little tube plants a petco about 5 years ago and it's the mother of every single java fern I have now, which is at least a a dozen of them and more if you count the ones I've tossed out over the years. They grow slowly but they do grow.
Wendyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:56 AM   #19 
ao
TFK Moderator

I'm a javafern murderer XD
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #20 
Kytkattin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendyjo View Post
I have a java fern the size of my head in my big tank. Seriously, it's huge. I got it as one of those little tube plants a petco about 5 years ago and it's the mother of every single java fern I have now, which is at least a a dozen of them and more if you count the ones I've tossed out over the years. They grow slowly but they do grow.
Oh, that makes me feel better then. Mine are only about a year old and I got them in those little tubes too. Two regular and one curly. Mine do reproduce as well. I have given away about 10 babies.
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote