Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-12-2012, 09:44 PM   #21 
Nothingness

i recently got 3 ghost shrimp for my betta tank. Its a 10g but the Arthur seems to not even care about the shrimp. In the 5 days i've had them they have already begun cleaning all the alge around the tank. Shrimp kick ass and look super freaky
Nothingness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #22 
sareena79

[quote][Absolutely! Free snails for all my little betta forum buddies!/QUOTE]

AWESOME! well Ima have to think on it a bit, like I said it was just a whim, but I appreciate all the info and if I decide on a snail I may just have to hit u up for one if your project goes well. may wait till I have a bigger tank with a lid so everyone is safe and sound. Sushi is perfectly fine w/o one (5mo and not even a hint of a jump---knock on wood) but i'd hate to have a run-away snail on my hands, Id feel bad if it died ya know
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:46 PM   #23 
sareena79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothingness View Post
i recently got 3 ghost shrimp for my betta tank. Its a 10g but the Arthur seems to not even care about the shrimp. In the 5 days i've had them they have already begun cleaning all the alge around the tank. Shrimp kick ass and look super freaky
good to know :) might look into the shrimp thing more. when u clean the tank what do u do with them? I do 100% changes, will the net?
Old 11-12-2012, 09:49 PM   #24 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothingness View Post
Shrimp kick ass and look super freaky
Yeah, that's kind of why I haven't gotten any yet

I want the cutest little red cherry shrimp I can find
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:56 PM   #25 
sareena79

yeah I was thinking cherry would be cooler than the ghost, especially since my decor is all red and green right now....maybe I will start a tank JUST for the shrimp and snails, is that doable?
Old 11-12-2012, 10:22 PM   #26 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sareena79 View Post
yeah I was thinking cherry would be cooler than the ghost, especially since my decor is all red and green right now....maybe I will start a tank JUST for the shrimp and snails, is that doable?
Absolutely, lots of people have shrimp only tanks and probably snails only tanks. Google "shrimp tanks".
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:26 PM   #27 
paloverde

Rcs, are just the right size for a betta to snack on! The baby shrimp are tiny replicas of the adults really cute. Ghosts are bigger and don't attract the bettas attention seemly manage to evade the muchie hour. Beware of ghost shrimp impersonators, I got a mutant shrimp in a batch of ghosts and it grabbed on to the bettas tail and was going for a smackdown.
paloverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:34 PM   #28 
sareena79

Quote:
it grabbed on to the bettas tail and was going for a smackdown.
hahahah Im getting a visual of that...glad u caught it in time...I think for now I will just leave him alone in his small tank and get him friends when I upgrade. I was just throwing ideas around mostly. but I appreciate the advice for sure :)
Old 11-13-2012, 03:16 AM   #29 
Nothingness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sareena79 View Post
good to know :) might look into the shrimp thing more. when u clean the tank what do u do with them? I do 100% changes, will the net?
I only do 50% changes right now and just leave the shrimp in there. The challenge is not sucking them uo in the gravel vacuum as they are hard to see sometimes
Nothingness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:26 AM   #30 
sareena79

yeah almost seems like more trouble than its worth...guess he will just have to stay alone till I can get a bigger tank and figure out what kind of fish buddy would be best for him. im sure hes fine like he is, Im just worrying that hes lonely when in reality hes probably like "hey woman, did I say I wanted a roomie" hahahah