Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-13-2012, 09:14 AM   #15381 
Sena Hansler

I want kids. I am finally with someone who is not going to make me wait 10 years Just... I'm going to do it the smart way - and probably collect items beforehand :p Less expensive up front lol
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #15382 
SnowySurface

I try to keep in mind that if someone bumps into me after not seeing me in a while, I may be asked if I have a husband and kids since I'm in my late 20s. It's probably just small talk and nothing more in that case since the person is trying to catch up on what's happening in my life. It would be nice if someone didn't jump to the conclusion that being female means I will relate best to casual small talk about dating, marriage, and/or kids but that's society for you and it does happen. Especially with family who hasn't seen you since you were little kid.

FWIW, I get the "You have a boyfriend yet?" questions. Some people just want to know since I suck at using Facebook. Others think single woman = fail and want me to know they are keeping track of how long I'm "failing". Heaven forbid I take a few months off from dating after a break up. I mean, after ending a 4 month relationship in September I can't possibly take a few months to recenter myself and try to find a better man. Oh no. Something is wrong with me if I'm not scooped up by a new boyfriend by October.

Oh, and don't even try to have standards like attractiveness, steady job, good credit, own place, intelligent, and good personality. You are just being picky if you don't settle for the first guy who buys you a drink at the bar. Clearly if I stopped waiting for the Knight in shinning armor to arrive I would see the goodness in the heart of the homeless guy by 7-11.

But heaven help you if you come to terms with the fact that you are chasing a fantasy and bring home 7-11 guy.

Luckly, 95% of my family is sane and I have no problem kicking toxic "friends" to the curb. For the most part, my family's realized that not only is it impossible to backseat drive my life because I'll just ignore them without guilt, but I don't need the help.
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #15383 
Sena Hansler

I look older than I am so I was asked at work so many times if I have kids. :/ No...no I don't -.-;
Old 11-13-2012, 01:04 PM   #15384 
Pilot00

Ok I am officially reviling one of my post xfriends. The guy turned out to be a complete duchebag. I cant understand why he agreed to have me in his house. He is a complete snob, thinks that people deserve to suffer if it is ok for him to leave in comfort and absolutely makes life for his gf hell... She cries every time because everything she does is not good enough for him and still she loves him.

I am in the process of abandoning my plans for finding work in Sweden, because I cant stand him any more... Best I return and stay unemployed that live with people like him...
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:08 PM   #15385 
Freyja
Banned

For me the annoying thing is that everyone assumes that because I have one kid, Im automatically supposed to have another. Another assumption is that not having siblings will be somehow detrimental to her. My mother-in-law particularly seems to think this. Well news flash your oldest son (my hubby) and your youngest son hate each other thanks to your stellar parenting skills and blatant favoritism for the youngest one. Yeah my daughter does not need siblings.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:15 PM   #15386 
Shirleythebetta

So it seems I have no choice but to ignore the nosey people in my life and get my dream degree and live rich and carefree while they all chase after their babies. That way I will have the advantage to adopt when the time is right. It seems the personal questions will never stop
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #15387 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
So it seems I have no choice but to ignore the nosey people in my life and get my dream degree and live rich and carefree while they all chase after their babies. That way I will have the advantage to adopt when the time is right. It seems the personal questions will never stop
There's no escaping it. Oh and you wouldn't believe how insulted people, including total strangers, get when you don't let them touch your belly. It's like being pregnant is an invitation to invade one's personal space.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #15388 
xShainax

I hate my Acer netbook. I am forced to use Opera and Safari so it doesn't crash
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #15389 
Sena Hansler

My friend made it clear anyone touching her belly is getting smacked. Because people do not know personal space. I personally would do the same -.- especially if it were a total stranger, or like so many people here, creep strangers.

Shaina I hate Opera lol. I prefer explorer
Old 11-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #15390 
BettaHeart

HAPPY DIWALI!! May you all have a Wondrous and Prosperous New Year
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou