Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #11 
Hershey

Well, I chose Bae the first time because I wanted to put him with my ADF'S.. But the tank was too small.
So he lived in a bowl (note: way before mom got me my 10g now) and lived for 17 days. He had danced once and I fell in love with him. He only had rot and was the most active at walmart.

Masami: He looked periwinkle but was a beautiful emerald-green (my avatar now drawn by creat) and I knew he was in bad shape (still, no tank.)
he died the next day.

Aiden: my mom had chosen. He was a blue CT And was pretty greedy. I wasn't looking and he got sucked up by the filter.

-inb4 you're a terrible keeper hersh-

My 4 girls: I wanted to try a sorority. I didn't have much of a reason.
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:35 PM   #12 
RandyTheBettaFish

Usually most unique or colorful. But if I do like another common looking betta, I will buy it.
RandyTheBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #13 
rubinthebetta

Dirk: I loved his colors and personality
Picasso: I just, well, don't have a reason
Rubin: I love his spunky personality and color (he's getting a little purple on his tail! Yay! )
Maggie: I felt bad for her, being stuck in that puny cup and having fin rot, plus I could she that she would be amazingly pretty if she just had a chance and TLC and...I am correct! She is becoming gorgeous!

Thank you for letting me tell the stories of how I chose my fish. *bows and laughs*
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:22 PM   #14 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna View Post
hate to say it but i always go for looks and wild types
Why do you hate to say that? Nothing wrong with that at all!
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:04 PM   #15 
Setsuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
Why do you hate to say that? Nothing wrong with that at all!
lol maybe because alot of you guys are betta rescuers
Setsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:37 PM   #16 
sainthogan

My son picked Fishy, since it was intended to be his fish. He picked her (we thought it was a he at the time) because the light from outside shining on her made her look a little goldfish. Plus, she was extremely excited to see us looking at her and my son really liked that too. She was swimming about like "Oh, oh, oh, pick me! Pick me!"
Celestial Soda Pop - aka Fizz - who is not here yet, was picked off this forum on a thread about culls. I caught the thread late, when there was only 1 fish left, and since he's the one I wanted anyway, I got him. I can't wait until he gets here!!
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:43 PM   #17 
Butterfly

Fred caught my eye right away. I stopped by the bettas and looked at each and every one of them. Fred was soooooo pretty and active. The other ones were pretty too, but not nearly as pretty as Fred. I was deliberating getting one and was texting my friend as I was looking at them...if I should get one or not. She didn't say, so I texted her that I WAS GOING TO DO IT, 'I'm gonna get one!!!" and she was like "Yeahhhh do it!" Choosing one was a little bit hard. I stood there for a good half hour before I settled on Fred. In that time, I went on some betta websites about what to look for and what they need, lifespan, etc. I almost got a blue delta, but I'm glad I didn't. I was hesitant to get Fred because he was kind of expensive for a pet shop fishy... $14. I had a coupon for $5 off and i thought that maybe I should first buy the delta($7) to see if I could care for one. But a worker came up to me and was like "wow that one is so pretty he's been really active all day." I read on one of the betta websites on my phone that an active betta is a healthy one....and the delta looked sort of unhappy and he didn't move. So I bought fred! And I wanted the 'best' food there was for him but the pet shop dude wasn't much help. He suggested Hikari so I bought those. (also checked amazon reviews lol, the hikari pellets had better reviews than the tetra ones that I was going to buy). Fred is mighty happy and active in his larger than a cup tank. I think he will be even happier once we get our 5gal! I used the coupon, got fred and the food for $13! And when I brought him home, I told my mom "Did you meet fred?" and she was like "AWW why did you do that?!" and joked about knocking his tank over and feeding him to the cat. >:( I joked back that he was for an art project and my teacher told me to buy one to study 'movement' and she laughed. (btw kitty would never eat fred or stick her paw in the tank..besides, I have a lid on it(hole for air). She doesn't mind Fred. He will be the only betta I have for a while unless I see one in need. I'm going to order him some daphnia! :D Or maybe find a place that sells live ones. Maybe some brine shrimp too? I think he would enjoy that seeing as he attacked a q tip I poked in there the other day(not even in the water, just near a wall). I love fred!!! so happy i picked him.
Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:43 PM   #18 
MistersMom

Well, 2 of mine were color or fins, but the other 3 i just felt some how connected with them.... :)
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:05 AM   #19 
horsyqueen

Chi: because I always wanted a Siamese fighter with black on him for some reason. He also stood out in the tank of red shrimp.
Psi and ki: They were both the most colourful 'females' they both weren't in bad condtion ether.
Envy: He really stood out and was showing all his fins because of the male in the next tank. He also was very pretty :)
horsyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:09 PM   #20 
nel3

Nel: no option as i was given it by my brother, he's not a fish person.
Nelliel: colour, same for Osiris
Grimmjow and Blitzkrieg for colour, pattern and tail type
Halloween: bit of a impulse buy as i had a space availble and colour.

i usually have a certain colour and pattern i look for, next must be PK.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote