Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #11 
Matilda

Quote:
Originally Posted by clopez1 View Post
I have seen the cascades.. I'm surprised they work so well..I have seen their pictures and they look cheap..How long have you used them?

One of them I've used almost a year & the other about 8 months or so. Not had any problems so far.
Matilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:12 AM   #12 
clopez1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
One of them I've used almost a year & the other about 8 months or so. Not had any problems so far.

Interesting.
clopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:35 AM   #13 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

That is the Elite heater I have and its awesome ! Its says preset but there is a knob at the top you set the temp you want it at, I have mine set to 79 and it always stay at right around 80, great heater and great price !
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:38 AM   #14 
clopez1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseusmom View Post
That is the Elite heater I have and its awesome ! Its says preset but there is a knob at the top you set the temp you want it at, I have mine set to 79 and it always stay at right around 80, great heater and great price !
Looks nice..I like that you can see the temp vs the mini that you have to guess and rely on a thermometer even though either way it's good to have one to make sure it's accurate.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:41 PM   #15 
clopez1

I bit the bullet and got the accu-therm..Got a visi therm and took it back..Was off by at least 13 degrees and didn't want to fry my fish. Already liking this heater..Looks well made and was spot on, put it in my tank which was 78 degrees..Stayed off till I set it on 79..I'm keeping it on 80 and will keep an eye on it to see if it shuts off once my tank hits 80.