Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-12-2012, 01:49 AM   #11 
SinX7

Prince Zuko always swims up to me when I get close to the tank and when I sit and watch him, he swims in a figure 8 motion till I give him a treat and leave lol
SinX7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:50 AM   #12 
MidTnBetta

I have to say Cooper is my biggest cut up. He will swim around his tank until he sees me, then he gets all excited and swims to the front. He flares at me when I walk into the room and walk up to the tank too. But he won't flare at anything else. He also will follow my finger on the glass, then darts away when it moves, then swims back, and so on. lol I stuck a branch of a fake plant in the other day to see if he'd play with it. He darted into his cave and hid, then when I moved it to the other side of the tank, he came out and investigated. It moved and he then proceeded to dart under one of the plants and hide.
MidTnBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #13 
sainthogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
So many cute things that involve mouths!! :3 Damn, this thread is going to make me have a cuteness overload. *faints* xD

Lebron follows his poo around when I vaccuum it up with my siphon, and he also ate this floating stray algae and then spat it out. Adorable!

Mine does that too, but I use a turkey baster. She gets incredibly excited when I clean her tank, even though she has yet to get a poo out of the turkey baster.
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #14 
sainthogan

She also insists on digging up her Lilly plant, I've buried the roots 3 times, and yet, she still digs it up. This last time, it was almost a week before she decided to redecorate :D
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:58 PM   #15 
rubinthebetta

Rubin loves poking his head out of the windows in his cave...I'll be walking in the room and then I'll see a little red head poking out of the cave.
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:40 PM   #16 
MistersMom

Lol. i try to tell people they should get one because they have such personality, but no one knows what im talking about, i always say 'get one and youll see what i mean' but they'll just say stuff like' my parents dont want one...' im like BRO its YOUR fish not theirs.... O.o its not like you gotta take it on walks!
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:53 PM   #17 
titusthebetta

I caught Duck jumping around the other day! I literally have no idea why she was doing that, but she just kept jumping out of the water. It was sooo adorable.
titusthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:59 PM   #18 
NorthernLights

As soon as Odysseus sees the pellet soaking dish move in front of his tank, he swims to the feeding area and starting doing a celebratory dance "Woohoo! Food Time!!!". Sometimes he gets so caught up in it that he doesn't notice the pellet dropping down until after its on the bottom and then he's like "Woah, how did I miss THAT?".

At night, I cover half the tank with a towel to block some of the light (so that he has 12 hours of relative darkness) and to protect him from any drafts from the fan in my room, and every time his swims to the opposite end of the tank and goes bananas for a few seconds before getting curious about the dark area in the tank. I picture him throwing a temper tantrum going "I won't! I won't! I won't! You can't make me go to bed!....Oooh, cave! Better check it out!"

Both of these behaviours were down pat within two days of getting him.
NorthernLights is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #19 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Such awesome stories I just love them all !!!! Perseus is always ready to eat and loves to chase his pellet if it starts to float away, I just love to watch his chew its so adorable ! The funniest thing he did was when he decided to see how one of the tiny pond snails taste so he chewed and chewed and spit it out only to get it back in his mouth and chew some more..lol I dont want him to eat them and try to get them out when I see them but since than I think he has decided they are to much trouble to chew up cause I have seen him swim right by one and just ignore it...lol

Let me add that I have a little tank I put the pond snails it when I spot them in his tank they get a new much safer home...lol

Last edited by Perseusmom; 11-15-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:28 PM   #20 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Carter swims though the bottom adorible.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote