Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-13-2012, 05:30 AM   #31 
happypappy

I am just getting one of my bettas over a nasty case of tail rot. I cannot tell and I am not a fish vet, but here is what I did === treat with aquarium salt. Change water daily. If this does not work, I treated with Maracyn II. I also suspect that your fish may have rot -- I think I see a bleeding edge in the picture; but I do not think it is fungus.

Does he act healthy otherwise?? He looks good besides the tail. Good luck.
happypappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:43 AM   #32 
asukabetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by happypappy View Post
I am just getting one of my bettas over a nasty case of tail rot. I cannot tell and I am not a fish vet, but here is what I did === treat with aquarium salt. Change water daily. If this does not work, I treated with Maracyn II. I also suspect that your fish may have rot -- I think I see a bleeding edge in the picture; but I do not think it is fungus.

Does he act healthy otherwise?? He looks good besides the tail. Good luck.
somewhat, he's very pale though, but swims around good appetite, and active. The sore is going away though.
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #33 
asukabetta

He's still pale but lingers on the top now. I got him an upgraded tank, I hope he heals up soon, he will love the space ):
Old 11-14-2012, 04:38 AM   #34 
asukabetta

Update. Extremely pale, no appetite, lethargic , however since there was no signs of oddities other than these symptoms I assumed it could be water related.

Removed meds, just put ages conditioned water + aq salt (has a few days left now), he instantly perked up. Ate like a pig, but he's stressed but at least not he's swimming, and some color is in him. Some regrowth seen on fins very small but there.

Wondering if since he's off meds now to upgrade his tank.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:01 AM   #35 
asukabetta

GOOD NEWS!!

After returning the water to normal, I introduce blue into his new 4,4g tank (no filter) he didn't like the filter, the color is slowly returning to him :D

He does have fin damage, and some pin like holes on his dorsal fin, will keep his water clean. Put an oak leaf so he can be fine.
Attached Images

Old 11-14-2012, 11:02 AM   #36 
sunlight

I would wait until his complete recovery before you put him in his new tank. You don't want to end up with disinfecting everything in the tank.
Also if you doing aquarium salt it really easier for you to change the water in the hospital tank since you need to do daily 100% water changes. And if you started on aq salt you really need to finish whole course of it and better do not stop . How mach of aquarium salt you using?
Hey didn't see your last post we posted at the same time :)
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:22 AM   #37 
asukabetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlight View Post
I would wait until his complete recovery before you put him in his new tank. You don't want to end up with disinfecting everything in the tank.
Also if you doing aquarium salt it really easier for you to change the water in the hospital tank since you need to do daily 100% water changes. And if you started on aq salt you really need to finish whole course of it and better do not stop . How mach of aquarium salt you using?
Hey didn't see your last post we posted at the same time :)
lol, dammit, now I feel bad for removing him from quarintine... >_> well I guess I'll have to desinfect everything if it comes down to it. Sigh I'm such a screw up lol-- >_> err... I'm not home at the moment so I'll do what I can when I get back
Old 11-14-2012, 11:29 AM   #38 
sunlight

It fine lol You want him to be happy. You don't need to transfer him back. How long you been doing the aquarium salt treatment?
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:37 PM   #39 
Sakura8

He looks good, asuka! His tail is starting to open and he looks happy.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:17 PM   #40 
Wendyjo

Yeah he does look pretty good :)
Wendyjo is offline   Reply With Quote