it's true that betta fish isn't suitable for just anyone. However, there are various methods to give advice. By stating things bluntly can come across as rude. It's better to say things like it is your opinion rather than fact. many of the information you have been trying to give out, were wrong or highly debatable. And have therefore been leading to arguments.
Your advice will come across gentler if you just say, "I think bowls are bad" rather than "bowls are bad." There is a whole world of difference there unfortunately.
by the way brayana, you seem very young. how old might you be?
Well personally, my favorite size tank for a betta is 5 gallons with a gentle filter because it is the smallest size tank that requires weekly maintanence...but now I am worried that 5 gallons is too much for a VT and its stressing him out. Now this is stressing me out because my plan was to always keep my bettas in a std. 5.5 gallon, nothing more, nothing less :/
There are a few reasons why I find bowls to be "bad".
1) Bowls usually don't come with covers and bettas are known for jumping
2) the curve makes if hard to stick a heater in the bowl unless you just let it float
3) the curve also makes using a filter hard. Not that a filter is neccessary, I just like using them. XD
4) If you do make a makeshift cover, you'll have to adjust it for the wire(s) coming out of the bowl.
5) Bowls tend to be tall instead of long becaus of the design. Bettas like to swim left to right more so than they like to swim up and down.
But i have no problem admitting those 5 bullet points are my opinion. A fish can be neglected in a 10 gallon long rectangular tank just as easily as a fish in a 1 gallon bowl. If someone wants to put in the effort to make a bowl healthy for a betta, then fine. I prefer using long rectangular tanks or bow tanks for bettas.
So I put in the new heater a few days ago and since then my fish has just been snugged up against it and doesn't do anything else. And I mean nothing else. He will only eat blood worms now not food pellets or flakes. He hardly wants to interact with me and if i touch him in the water he just floats there. I am very worried about him. Wondering if the water temp isn't right. Its at around 78'f.