Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-14-2012, 12:01 PM   #291 
Shirleythebetta

What a crummy day and it's only noon. I'm going to go to sleep after I wrap my Christmas presents I think. I got a bill for just my internet that was 60.00. I went psycho trying to figure out why and decided to try a different provider. I go to direct tv and get a surprise that I would be able to get internet and cable for ten dollars cheaper than my current provider for just a dollar. But no, they didnt' tell me it would cost and extra hundred and fifty dollars chargable today to install the internet, the dollar was the cable. So I have to cancel all that crap and call earthlink who reduces my bill to thirty a month. So after this was all done I had a good cry. I forgot to mention in the middle of this I was doing a bedding change for my pacman frog. I have a headache. I am going to go wrap some presents now and take a nerve pill and a nap.

Oh and Storm is starting to really look like a storm. He is getting some grey and blue in his fins. Perfect name!
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:19 PM   #292 
Shirleythebetta

So Proud!

I am so proud of my In-Laws right now. They have a betta in a three gallon heated tank and they are really taking to his proper care. They have had him about two years and I have fought with them about water changes and such and tonight they impressed me. They just called me at seven and were freaking out saying their fish was dying and I needed to come save him. He is rather old going on about two and a half which is long for a petstore betta (walmart). I went over there and they told me he was laying at the bottom a lot and they couldn't figure out what the "green stuff" was on the walls of his tank. LOL Newbie's can be cute.

I look at this fish and I got my nose up to the tank and he swam at me fast with a purpose flaring his little behind off. There isn't anything wrong with him. He is just resting more because he is one of those super long tailed betta's and he is an old man! I told them not to worry to much and the "green stuff" was algae and it was growing crazy because he is in front of a window that gets direct sunlight and has no curtain. So they are going to move him and leave his old self be. I told them that he looked fine to me and they need to prepare themselves now for his death since he IS old. I can't save him from natural causes.

Back to the point. I was really proud that they called me like that to learn. It made me feel good. I just hope he doesn't die like in a day from some weirdness because they would never believe me again since I said he looked fine.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:40 PM   #293 
Shirleythebetta

Currently watching Ted work on his nest and trying to get the mojo to write my marketing paper. I just don't want to. To worried about my electric bill. Ted sure would make some lovely babies if I were to breed him. He is a halfmoon and perfectly formed.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:36 PM   #294 
dramaqueen
Banned

Worrying about bills is a never ending thing. I'm paying $25 for the stupid newspaper and I want to cancel it but my mom loves reading the paper and the stupid cable bill went up by about $15. I'm sick of it.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:24 PM   #295 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Worrying about bills is a never ending thing. I'm paying $25 for the stupid newspaper and I want to cancel it but my mom loves reading the paper and the stupid cable bill went up by about $15. I'm sick of it.
Me too, my internet bill went up to 63 from 35 and I got an electric bill of 257. It's insane. I suppose it isn't really worth worrying about. I wish I was born a man since it's like, not in their dna to worry about bills. Jeff just shrugs his shoulders.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:20 AM   #296 
dramaqueen
Banned

We have Insight and they keep raising everything little by little until one day you look at your bill and say holy cow, how did it get this high!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:23 AM   #297 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
We have Insight and they keep raising everything little by little until one day you look at your bill and say holy cow, how did it get this high!
My dad had a cable/internet bill that jumped seventy dollars.

I am so sleepy. Got ran over by bills so I have to stay up to see if this semesters refund check came. Pretty bad when you have to borrow from school to pay bills. I'm currently watching the movie called "all about steve" and debating on if I should start one of my three papers due.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:52 PM   #298 
Shirleythebetta

Still haven't gotten my check. Went to my parents house for thanksgiving today. Had some drama, my aunt and uncle got into it in front of everyone. Sibling spat, very disrespectful to the family.
I got the duckweed I ordered. We will see if I can keep it alive. I kept a moss ball alive Lol. I ordered a double tail female a couple days ago. I hope she comes soon but the store couldn't give me a date.

Last edited by Shirleythebetta; 11-24-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #299 
Shirleythebetta

Today I slept for thirteen hours and now I am stiff. I really must have needed that sleep. I have tons of laundry to do but I really don't feel like it. I have to make myself though or Jeff is going to go to work with no clothes. I just logged out of class. We had some really interesting discussions going about marketing ads and "branding". Branding is the label that is recognizable on a product. My classmates came up with some interesting products. I wrote about Mr. Clean lol. I'm a housewife right now what can I say? Plus I knew everyone was going to write about clothing and electronics and I wanted to do something different. I am going to go cross stitch now. I am doing this project that is the four seasons. Spring, summer, fall, winter and it has different chairs. It's cute. I am also doing a noah's ark birth announcement for my coming soon nephew. And I am crocheting a stark white baby blanket for him. I just don't want to do anything. Oh and I transferred Storm to his ten gallon. He is a bit clamped so I am going to watch him for a bit. He seems to be liking the duckweed and the heater for protection.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #300 
Shirleythebetta

Update on Storm. His body is no longer white. His body is now a flesh color with a white over top. He still has the metallic white scales over his gill plates. His fins are almost completly colored now. He is showing gold, green, white, grey and blue. It's pretty awesome. He looks great! Picture spam to come later.