Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-14-2012, 10:31 PM   #15411 
BettaHeart

I actually still write letters to my friend in montreal and to my sisters in alberta.
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:34 PM   #15412 
FishyFishy89

I wish I saw this thread earlier xD
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:50 PM   #15413 
moonsand0wls

463 posts or so until senior member.. yay.

Also, preparing for my summer spawn, hopefully. I don't mind waiting longer, though, if I don't have the stuff. :)
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:59 PM   #15414 
Sena Hansler

I personally think this world sucks. The sick forced to slave away, children lay in a stranger's bed, irresponsible pet owner, irresponsible parents, technology and science always being "right" granted it is nice medical science has created the ability to live longer... But not always live healthier. No wonder the world is so over populated :/ (that and people who really should neve have kids shouldn't, but sterilization is inhumane... -tell that to the dogs- )

I hate my phone. Always hated phones. I have a dislike for talking on any phone. Hate it. Either text or to the face and there is really only a small part texting can do VS face to face with tones and body/facial expressions.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:53 AM   #15415 
ZergyMonster

The world may suck but you must always make the best of things. Fight for life and fight for what is right, that is why we as humans have been altering the world. Without the advancements of technology, the fight for apathy, and the fight for preservation is why our world has not already turned to dust.

Humans, even through all our mistakes, have taken the path towards the greater good for all.

Keep in mind that once an average man receives power they become corrupt and deceiving. A pure of heart man grows weak from trying to please everyone and an evil man watches as he brings everyone down around him. We will never see a world of peace because there will always be a lower class(this doesn't, by any means, only mean money).

These are my opinions and should be treated as such, opinions.
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:49 AM   #15416 
Shirleythebetta

Has anyone else on here had to take mandatory classes at the University level to get a degree? I am wondering if my University is unique as a private University or if this is a normal thing. There are some classes I can drop but others are mandatory to the state and the college.

Also I wish I could afford a house keeper -_- who specializes in tank cleaning and pooper scooping.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:56 AM   #15417 
thekinetic

I just ran into a guy on yahoo (oh the irony) who was blaming aids on gays and the ebola outbreak in uganda on bestiality....O_o

thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:15 AM   #15418 
SnowySurface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
Has anyone else on here had to take mandatory classes at the University level to get a degree? I am wondering if my University is unique as a private University or if this is a normal thing. There are some classes I can drop but others are mandatory to the state and the college.

Also I wish I could afford a house keeper -_- who specializes in tank cleaning and pooper scooping.
Nope. That's the difference between a BA/MA and a BS/MS.

A BS/MS is from a school with a core curriculum. Most of the core curriculum schools I was looking at had a lot of manditory classes that seemed to get in the way of me studying Japanese while majoring in Chemistry. So I don't know much more about core schools because it seemed like I would have less say in what I took in college than I had when I picked classes for my senior year in high school.

A BA/MA is from a liberal arts school which means there are no core classes but class that are put into general categories. As long as you get the right mix of classes to fill requirements for each category your fine. At my school the categories were Physical Science, Social Science, and Humanities. You could take any classes (except electives for majors and intro languages) to earn the needed amount of credits in that area to graduate. Going to a liberal arts school is the only reason I was able to study abroad in Japan for a semester while majoring in Chemistry.

However, I'm not sure if some states have core classes that even liberal arts schools have to force their students to take. My experience may be due to the fact I only researched colleges and universities on the east coast and earned my BA and MA in Connecticut.
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:28 AM   #15419 
SnowySurface

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
I just ran into a guy on yahoo (oh the irony) who was blaming aids on gays and the ebola outbreak in uganda on bestiality....O_o

Yeah...that's why I just ignore the crazy people in yahoo. There's no reasoning or proper debating with someone that biased towards his own beliefs. Especially beliefs that...off.
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:34 AM   #15420 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowySurface View Post
Nope. That's the difference between a BA/MA and a BS/MS.

A BS/MS is from a school with a core curriculum. Most of the core curriculum schools I was looking at had a lot of manditory classes that seemed to get in the way of me studying Japanese while majoring in Chemistry. So I don't know much more about core schools because it seemed like I would have less say in what I took in college than I had when I picked classes for my senior year in high school.

A BA/MA is from a liberal arts school which means there are no core classes but class that are put into general categories. As long as you get the right mix of classes to fill requirements for each category your fine. At my school the categories were Physical Science, Social Science, and Humanities. You could take any classes (except electives for majors and intro languages) to earn the needed amount of credits in that area to graduate. Going to a liberal arts school is the only reason I was able to study abroad in Japan for a semester while majoring in Chemistry.

However, I'm not sure if some states have core classes that even liberal arts schools have to force their students to take. My experience may be due to the fact I only researched colleges and universities on the east coast and earned my BA and MA in Connecticut.
I am working on my AA currently then I plan to take a couple months off and go for my BA then my MBA and MM. I am a Business student that goes to a private Christian University. I had to take a general math and a science which were mandatory with my state. The problem was most of the basic math my ten year old neice could do and the science included reproduction. I talked to Kinetic about this once before. If you don't know about reproduction by college you have issues. The school had mandatory religion classes being a religious school but I get that. The other classes we were allowed to drop and pick up or whatever. My school seems a bit unique around here though. I am doing my AA a hundred percent online and that means we focus on one class at a time which I love. It makes it so much easier if you don't have a thousand different subjects going through your head.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou