OMG the store just told me that BLUEBERRY arrived second handed from a previous owner and they do not know how long he was there.
I just read something and he has some of these symptoms:
of Old Age in Bettas
I've noticed, though better from when this thread started:
- He has gradually lost coloration over the time I bought him
- He doesn't notice me as much
- Not very interested in exploring (noticed since I put him in his new tank) usually he loved to explore
- Hard for him to flare at reflection before he went insane almost (past 3 weeks almost)
- Misses food when lunging at it (This started a few days ago however his eyes don't look cloudy)
- Looks bony regardless of his stomach (he eats a lot but he looks thinner than before)
- Seems to lose his upper dorsal scales sometimes and gets scabs. (not from decor)
I have a theory it's either that or internal parasites...