Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-14-2012, 09:48 PM   #1 
SinX7

Ordered my live plants pack! Now what? Lol

So I went ahead and ordered a Live Plant pack, from this site:
http://www.petswarehouse.com/product...ts/94394-2060/

Any good?

Now what else do I need to get, or do when they come.

Would love some step by step on how to put them in the tank, etc. Since it will be my very first time ever at Live Plants.

Thanks! :D
SinX7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:02 PM   #2 
paloverde

Once you go live plant you'll never go back to fake. first and foremost do you have the lighting sorted out? And I am assuming that you are going low tech?
paloverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:26 PM   #3 
ao
TFK Moderator

are you going for a soil based tank?
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:12 AM   #4 
SinX7

I have the Aqueon Modular LED Light and I don't think so, I'm on Gravel right now.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:36 AM   #5 
ao
TFK Moderator

ok :) for gravel based tanks I like to set up the tank first woth water. take your time deciding on where you want everything to go. it's much easier moving things around in gravel than in soil, that's for sure :)

you will want to plan out your tank so that the plants that grows taller (stem plants- are at the back. and the shorter ones at the front. best also, if the tallest plants are on the side with the small plants towards the center :)

play with the composition. if you have the resources, a large rock or drift wood can really bring the tank together.
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:09 AM   #6 
paloverde

Just adding that java fern and anubias should not be planted ,you need to attach them to an object. Keep in mind that crypts hate to be re planted. Check out youtube i've seen some really good tutorials.You can also float the stem plants.
have fun with it.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:27 AM   #7 
SinX7

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
ok :) for gravel based tanks I like to set up the tank first woth water. take your time deciding on where you want everything to go. it's much easier moving things around in gravel than in soil, that's for sure :)

you will want to plan out your tank so that the plants that grows taller (stem plants- are at the back. and the shorter ones at the front. best also, if the tallest plants are on the side with the small plants towards the center :)

play with the composition. if you have the resources, a large rock or drift wood can really bring the tank together.
Ah excellent! This seems a lot easier then I thought!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paloverde View Post
Just adding that java fern and anubias should not be planted ,you need to attach them to an object. Keep in mind that crypts hate to be re planted. Check out youtube i've seen some really good tutorials.You can also float the stem plants.
have fun with it.
That's fine with me! I got a fake driftwood in my tank right now, I'll go get another one to make it looks nicer :D

----------

Also, when I get the plants, all I need to do is Rinse it and look for outsiders and then planted it correct?
Old 11-15-2012, 12:33 PM   #8 
paloverde

Some people like to quarantine, if the plants were grown in a pond or whatever that contains fish. Usually it's the stem plants that will carry hitchhikers.