Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-15-2012, 03:19 PM   #1 
Friendlyfishies

How many do you have??

Just curious as to how many bettas people have?
What size tanks (No judgement allowed! Please be polite)? Im just curious because it will help me get an idea of the work load involved in multiple bettas...
Are they filtered?
How often do you provide water changes and what %?
Feel free to share pics too, I always love to see pics :)

Im thinking of setting up a 5 gal as a long term winter project but i cant decide if I really want to take on a 3rd betta. I have extra mosses I decided to not add to my current tanks and a few extra plants so I cant help but think it would be a good use of my extra tank and plants.

Id like to cycle the tank, heavily plant it and add one betta and some shrimps eventually.

Thanks everyone!
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:38 PM   #2 
aqua001

I have 2 bettas, one in a 5 gallon, filtered and heated(duh!) and i change half the water once a week. The other betta is in a ten gallon, and it is the same as above.
aqua001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:49 PM   #3 
LebronTheBetta

I have 2 bettas right now. A male and a female. The male, (Lebron) is in a cycled and heated 3.5 tank right now. I do a 75% change every week. My female, (Winnie) is in a QT jar waiting for her 20 gallon, soon to be sorority. I do water changes everyday as the jar is a jar used for keeping males in.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #4 
finnfinnfriend

Finn is my one and only ;). He is in a 5 gallon. I do a 50% water change once a week :). He has a filter with a very gentle flow.
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:12 PM   #5 
fleetfish

I have eight bettas - 7 males and 1 female. I either have them in 2.5g or 3.5g's, unfiltered with weekly waterchanges, and heated. I do use smaller 1 gallons for a temporary or hospital tank.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:29 PM   #6 
DragonFish

Currently, I have 13 Male bettas in 8 tanks ranging from about 2 to 10 gallons.
The Gecko has taken up my 20 long, otherwise I would probably set that up as a Sorority again....I miss my girlies sometimes. xD

I preform water changes three times a week(one partial in my cycled tanks, two partials and one full in my uncycled smaller tanks), though with my Python hose things go pretty quickly and smoothly with very minimal mess. Even on Wendsdays when I clean every tank, it only takes me about an hour, maybe a little more, to get everything vacuumed and refilled and all that. The Python really makes a HUGE difference with water changes, I'm REALLY glad I invested in it....I probably wouldn't be able to keep up with so many tanks and fish if I didn't. xD
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:37 PM   #7 
pittipuppylove

I have either four or five bettas right now, depending on how you look at it. Three of them each have a filtered/heated/planted 5.5 gallon (one of them is at my mom's vet clinic that I work at on occasion - while the fish is not technically mine, I either do or oversee all of the fish's care) and the other two are in a filtered/heated/planted divided 10 gallon. I also have a 15 gallon tank with guppies. Each tank typically gets a 50% water change once a week, right now the 10 gallon is getting more than that because of a cyanobacteria outbreak. I spend probably around an hour a week keeping the fish happy and making sure all the tanks are clean.
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:41 PM   #8 
rubinthebetta

Maggie and Rubin are my 2. Rubin is in a heated tank and I'm gonna get Maggie a heater tommorow
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:45 PM   #9 
ao
TFK Moderator

ONE! XD
Kuro the weird!

he was chillin in a funny position :D so here's a photo!

OH and...
info.
2.5 gallon tank
average 1 water change every... 3 months
weekly top offs due to evaporation
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:50 PM   #10 
Friendlyfishies

Very helpful everyone! Love that picture aokashi lol. Well it sounds like 3 betta's will be do-able if I set everything up right, cycle the tank and have it all planted :) how exciting. My next dream betta is a solid red and tank full of ammonia eating plants. We shall see what the future will bring.
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote