Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-15-2012, 05:32 PM   #15431 
moonsand0wls

*sigh* I wish I had a bigger room.
It's full of fishtanks XD And I want more. I've even put more around the house.. but I still want more. I really love this hobby.. can't wait until I move out and get a fish room so I can get more!! Also thinking of buying a few smaller tanks so I can buy more... (I usually have 20gal+ but that isn't just for a Betta) and having them just for the Betta, and maybe a few snails or something. :')

I LOVE THIS HOBBY. It makes me so happy because I find it therapeutic for my mental problems and it always calms me and makes me happy.
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:43 PM   #15432 
ZergyMonster

I'm starting to back away from betta community tanks. Every time have tried to have snails, shrimp or algae eater my bettas either harass them or eat them to death. And by them doing that, my plants are getting covered in algae (even with constant water changes and lower lights). I'm heading back to my roots with shoaling tropical fish, they are much more friendly to snails and shrimp and they really make a planted tank pop.
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #15433 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

My area is perfect compared to many of your areas. I cannot remember the last time there was a serial killer.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:12 PM   #15434 
moonsand0wls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
My area is perfect compared to many of your areas. I cannot remember the last time there was a serial killer.
I don't think we have had a serial killer in our town.. But we have had a few unsolved murders by a few people..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZergyMonster View Post
I'm starting to back away from betta community tanks. Every time have tried to have snails, shrimp or algae eater my bettas either harass them or eat them to death. And by them doing that, my plants are getting covered in algae (even with constant water changes and lower lights). I'm heading back to my roots with shoaling tropical fish, they are much more friendly to snails and shrimp and they really make a planted tank pop.
Aww that sucks. My Betta usually stay away from my other fish.. keep to their own.. THOUGH if my other fish annoy the Betta (especially Sasuke) he will flare at the but that's it.. they also don't bother my sucker-fishes or anything and vice versa. I guess each fish have their personalities, though.
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #15435 
FishyFishy89

Dogs arent meat eaters.
*snort*
Give a dog a choice between a chicken leg and a piece of plant matter. Be it veggies or fruit. I promise you, that dog will choose the chicken. Those teeth aint made to grind plant matter.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:09 PM   #15436 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Dogs are omnivores and who are you responding too?
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:03 PM   #15437 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
Dogs are omnivores and who are you responding too?
I'm not going to start an argument. It has been proven that dogs are carnivores.

Lastly, this is a "Rant thread". It is made so you can safely, openly and appropriately speak out what is bothering you. So in short, my comment wasn't in response to anything.

Sorry if it confused you.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:19 PM   #15438 
Sena Hansler

They are carnivores. However, they get their veggies through the prey. Example: give a dog some special expensive junk that has plants and fillers, he will not be as healthy as the dog you give raw meat to. The teeth of the dog who gets raw meat (including bones) will be stronger, as they absorb calcium from the bones and obviously all that they need for vitamins and protein from the meat - as long as you get the right meat of course. Dogs, don't eat grass for a main staple. They may eat grass if bored, or not feeling well - or as an aid in their digestive track.

Don't ask why I know this :p

My dad's dog won't touch greens But veggies won't kill dogs. Well...some won't...
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #15439 
ThePearlFish

My dog's favorite foods are Bananas, Bread, Peanut butter and cheese (I am almost certain in that order :p)

My rant- I am feeling oddly angry, but dunno why.. it is frustrating to not know how to fix your issues when you don't know what they are exactly o.O..
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:33 PM   #15440 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePearlFish View Post
My rant- I am feeling oddly angry, but dunno why.. it is frustrating to not know how to fix your issues when you don't know what they are exactly o.O..
I hate that so much.
That happened to me a coupla days ago. These days I've narrowed it down to not being able to go out and do the things I'd love to do everyday. Doggie park visits, walking in the park, just plain window shopping, etc etc.