Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-28-2012, 05:26 PM   #2951 
Canuck Fins

Tail rot or fin rot Treatment:
Conservative: Treat with Aquarium Salt at 1 tsp/gal. Increase water changes to 100% daily. Replace accurate amount of salt following water changes. Add Stress Coat to help repair tissue. If there is little to no improvement within the first 5 days, you can increase the salt dosage gradually to 2tsp/gal but do not continue any salt treatments past 10 days. Medication: If Conservative treatment is ineffective use API Tetracycline, API Fungus Cure, API Triple Sulfa, OR API Erythromycin. Also add Stress Coat to help regrowth. Continue until fins/tail stop receding and start showing some new growth.
Canuck Fins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:29 PM   #2952 
ItsKourtneyYoC8

What type.of heater should I get for my 22 gal?
I'm going to be starting.it.up in a week or.so and I'm making a list of.things I need to get.
ItsKourtneyYoC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:37 PM   #2953 
ItsKourtneyYoC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallyx View Post
Ahhh..Anubias longifolia (long-leaf). I have several and like them a lot.

If the black spot wipes off, it's probably a little algae. You might have just a little too much light for low-light Anubias. If any leaves are turning yellow or clear, that's the problem.

Mr Stark is very handsome.
That's is what's happening.to my sword! Amy idea what I can do?
ItsKourtneyYoC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:02 PM   #2954 
titusthebetta

So Mori has two problems that I'd like to have solved. The first is that, and I have no way of proving this, but I don't think he's pooped for several days. His stomach is kind of pointed, but it's not SBD (he has no problems swimming or anything). I've been fasting him, upped the temp in the tank to 80-81 degrees, and have been trying to get him to flare. All of these things seem unsuccessful. So what I'm thinking of doing is moving him to the 1.8 gal QT tomorrow and getting some epsom salt and treating him. I just want to make sure that this sounds good.

The second thing is that he has some tears in his caudal fin. It doesn't look like biting. So far I've been trying to treat that with 50% water changes every other day (he's still in his 5 gal) and using Stress Coat, but it doesn't seem to be working. Should I try changing the plants first? I have some plastic ones that may be the culprit. I'd like to see if I could treat this conservatively before I have to buy AQ salt (I have some at home but my parents couldn't find it, so I'd really prefer to not have to buy more).
titusthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:24 PM   #2955 
Billthebetta

Any idea on how to reduce the flow strength on a aqua tech power filter model (old model) 5-15 ?
Billthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:29 PM   #2956 
Nothingness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billthebetta View Post
Any idea on how to reduce the flow strength on a aqua tech power filter model (old model) 5-15 ?
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=30139 for how to build a baffle for a filter. You can also check page 4 of that link to see how to use a sponge to slow the flow strength. I preferred the sponge method
Nothingness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:57 AM   #2957 
SinX7

Should I do Sponge/Foam (Which is better?) or should I do the bottle baffle?

Thanks!
SinX7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:53 AM   #2958 
Nothingness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinX7 View Post
Should I do Sponge/Foam (Which is better?) or should I do the bottle baffle?

Thanks!
try the bottle method as it can be done free. If it doesnt do what you wanted then try sponge method
Nothingness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:31 PM   #2959 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by titusthebetta View Post
So Mori has two problems that I'd like to have solved. The first is that, and I have no way of proving this, but I don't think he's pooped for several days. His stomach is kind of pointed, but it's not SBD (he has no problems swimming or anything). I've been fasting him, upped the temp in the tank to 80-81 degrees, and have been trying to get him to flare. All of these things seem unsuccessful. So what I'm thinking of doing is moving him to the 1.8 gal QT tomorrow and getting some epsom salt and treating him. I just want to make sure that this sounds good.

The second thing is that he has some tears in his caudal fin. It doesn't look like biting. So far I've been trying to treat that with 50% water changes every other day (he's still in his 5 gal) and using Stress Coat, but it doesn't seem to be working. Should I try changing the plants first? I have some plastic ones that may be the culprit. I'd like to see if I could treat this conservatively before I have to buy AQ salt (I have some at home but my parents couldn't find it, so I'd really prefer to not have to buy more).
maybe you should copy and paste this into the betta diseases thread. make sure to fill in the sticky too :)

the question is a bit long and complicated to be "quick" XD
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:42 PM   #2960 
Rachelbug

Question New Betta Owner

I just got my betta today and have been researching for a couple hours now. He is currently in a 1 gallon tank, with a 5 gallon one being shipped along with the light, heater, and filter. I know I am supposed to do a 50% water change and a 100% water change weekly and I was wondering what that looks like? Do you put the betta in a cup with the old water and then scoop out the rest or what? Help me please!
Rachelbug is offline   Reply With Quote