Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-15-2012, 08:08 PM   #11 
tromboneplaya

I have four. One is my fiances, he is in a 5 gallon heated and filtered. I have two that share a divided 10 gallon, heated and filtered. And I just brought home another boy today who is in a 2.5 gallon which is heated but not filtered...

I would probably have more, but I told myself 4 would have to be the limit because I don't think that they can all get the attention they need if I had more than 4....
tromboneplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #12 
Tikibirds

I have 15.
6 live together in a 20G long with live plants and 2 rabbit snails, 1 tiger nerite and a few trapdoor snails. 6 males are in 2 divided 10 gallons, I have one in a 5 gallon, one in a 15ish gallon storage bin with 2 juvie clown plecos and one in a 3 gallon kritter keeper which I am using as a hospital tank. I have like 4 of the kritter keepers but its easier to use divided tanks.

Last edited by Tikibirds; 11-15-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:30 PM   #13 
thekinetic

I have 2, one's a VT in a 5.5 gallon with a cory and two assassin's, the other is a king in a 10 gallon with a mystery snail.
thekinetic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:27 AM   #14 
Butterfly

Just one for now....maybe I'll get a second one(I had my eye on this little crown tail girl in petco)...she was so cute and pretty! most likely not. xD

Fred currently lives in a half gallon bowl. HOWEVER, I just ordered the 5 gallon fluval chi, so that's going to be his new home after it gets cycled. :D So maybe little Lucy will live in a one gallon bowl ahha. Idk. My mom would be mad xD (she'll get over it). She told me that I was going to kill fred if i kept chainging the water and i explained to her all the ammonia stuff and nitrate and nitrite and ooh i felt so scientifical...and only on this forum for a few days xD I've learned soooo much thanks to all of you wonderful betta folk.
Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:15 AM   #15 
Kytkattin

I have 2. One female in a filtered 5.5, moderately planted.
I do a 25%-50% change on that once a week.
My male is in a 2 gallon drum bowl. moderately planted but not filtered.
For that one I take out about 1/3 of the water once a week.

Hopefully I will be setting up another 2 gallon after the holidays. Otherwise I know for sure I will be setting up a 10-20 gallon for a class project, but I won't be able to stock it with live fish until around March.
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:50 AM   #16 
prosthetik

I have 6, one female & 5 males.
3 are in 5 gallon filtered tanks & they get a water change once a week. One male is in a 3 gallon with no filter & every 2nd day water changes. Same with my other male who is in a 2 gallon with no filter, every 2nd day.

& my female is in a 3 gallon filtered tank she gets a weekly change.
prosthetik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:42 AM   #17 
aemaki09

I have 7 right now and 3 more on the way.
3 are in a 10 gallon divided - 1 50% a week and then a 100% once a month heated not filtered because the ones i have right not are running on a different over stocked tank till i rehome the fish in there in a few days.
2 are in 1 gallon bowls - 100% every 3 days not heated or filtered
2 are in .5 gallon bowls - 100% changes every to every other day not heated or filtered.
The ones in the 1 & .5 gallons are females along with one in the 10 gallon and 2 of the 3 i have coming next week, will be moved over to a 26g tank here in a couple days as soon as I get the fish that are already in it to a friend, then both the 10 & 26 will be heated and filtered. the 26 will have weekly 25-50%changes depending on water quality after i make the move.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:50 AM   #18 
logisticsguy

Today started out with 12. I had 7 females and 5 males. Then I stopped by the pet store today for supplies. Yeah right! So i see 2 cute but tiny female HMs. Bring them home and then find out my spawn worked out and I have a bunch of fry now too. My wife thinks I have a problem! Thank God she is cool with it and likes bettas.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:10 PM   #19 
Rockandrollgirl09

Smile Dont Judge

I currently have 6 Betta fish. All male Veiltale Bettas. I do water changes every other day. They are all in 1 gallon tanks all to themselves. They each have a plant and hideaway.
Rockandrollgirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:23 PM   #20 
babystarz

I'm sure I will probably forget someone but currently I have 19 bettas, if I'm counting right. The splendens are all in their own tanks ranging from 3-10 gallons, with the exception of my two surviving sorority girls who are together in a 14 gallon. Then I have my groups of wilds in 20 gallon long tanks. I am about to set up two more 10 gallon tanks as well.
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote