Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-16-2012, 09:29 PM   #11 
jeremywadejunior

Quote:
Originally Posted by happypappy View Post
I Only used it after i tried the aQ salt. I always use that first and if I don't see results I used maracyn II. Maracyn II is minocycline which is a type of tetracycline, but has a broader spectrum --- that means it hits a broader range of bacterium. I have heard of people using both maracyn I and II but that I feel is redundant and really overtreating -- perhaps causing more risk. Not knowing what bacteria we are treating -- I prefer to go with the broadest possible. An interesting note is that minocycline when first introduced by the pharmaceuitcal industry was commonly used for severe acne in humans. And today is one product that is commonly used to treat staph infections -- usually a skin infection. SOOOOOO that's why I prefer using minocycline (Maracyn II). Whew -- Probably more that you wanted to know!!!!!!!!!!!
No that was all good to know! And interesting! Thanks for sharing. Okay, I am planning on picking up some Maracyn 2 from the store tomorrow. Earlier in his fin rot, I had him in aquarium salt but I saw few progress, so that is why I am treating with medication. Also, I will be leaving for Thanksgiving and the fishies will be on their own for a few days so I want to try and get this as healed up as I can before that, since I won't be there to do daily water changes!
jeremywadejunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:01 PM   #12 
happypappy

I had to change the water daily cause the meds made the water murky.
happypappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:36 AM   #13 
haleymae19

i have a veiltail betta with what looks like two small rips in his upper fin, he had a small cut in his tail when i got him but it healed, he had a plastic plant in his tank but i took it out i am hoping this works, should i be worried its fin rot?
haleymae19 is offline   Reply With Quote