Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-17-2012, 12:21 AM   #11 
whatsupyall

Their lifespan really depends on the condition when you bought them. I get mine from LFS, and they are usually directly imported from Thailand. The condition I get them in is amazing. Very active, literally flaring all over the jar when seeing other bettas.
whatsupyall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:59 AM   #12 
ao
TFK Moderator

my betta Kuro was a petco baby...
i got him in may...
still alive :D
ao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:37 AM   #13 
Lucile

Ive 4 of my bettas from petco. 2, baby 2 adults. (Shout out to Biscuit RIP, Crumpet, Pancake, Pain Perdu). I lost Biscuit a few weeks ago to his poor health and my ineptitude at cycling a 5 gal. Everyone else is great and happy.
Lucile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:59 AM   #14 
rubinthebetta

Rubin and Maggie are both from Petsmart but not the same location. Picasso I got in a local pet store in NY and Dirk from a local pet store in CT.
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:10 AM   #15 
Lissa3116

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsupyall View Post
Their lifespan really depends on the condition when you bought them. I get mine from LFS, and they are usually directly imported from Thailand. The condition I get them in is amazing. Very active, literally flaring all over the jar when seeing other bettas.
Yeah... When I picked out sharkbait she told me he was a new arrival. When I got him home he was flaring at me like crazy. So, I'd say he was on good condition!
Lissa3116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:04 AM   #16 
registereduser

I have bought 7 from Petco. Two were tiny baby fry that both died. They are too fragile for me to care for properly, so it was my fault they died. Two females died, again my fault for not QTing their neon tank mates. The rest are doing fine, have had my oldest since January.

I bought one from a LFS and he is currently sick but recovering from fin melt. I think I did not do enough water changes, my bad!

I got 6 females from a breeder here on the forum and they are gorgeous and healthy also. But 3 died, again from my negligence in not QTing their neon tank mates. I was really upset about that because they were so gorgeous

I bought one female from another breeder on this board and she's doing great.

Just got 3 yesterday from a third breeder on this board. The 2 females are doing great and the male needs a lot of work to get his fins back in form after unsuccessful breeding attempts and tail biting.

I think it matters not where you get them but the care you give them when you get home that counts.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #17 
finnfinnfriend

It also helps to get them right after a shipment. Then it doesn't really matter how the store cares for them because they didn't really get a chance to...
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #18 
LadyVictorian

I got both of mine from petco, one as a baby betta. Aquarius I have had since man....like August. My baby betta is a fully mature little girl as well, 9 weeks and growing. I also rescued a betta from poor conditions off craigslist and he was most likely from walmart or petco. Poor guy was living in black water before i saved him.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #19 
Lissa3116

I went to my LPS today for puppy classes and I checked out the Bettas. There was a dead one :(
Lissa3116 is offline   Reply With Quote