Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #1 
sainthogan

egg spot larger?

Is this supposed to happen? When I was looking at Fishy last night her egg spot looked huge, much bigger than it used to. She does have a male tank neighbor that arrived 3 days ago, but they are about a 1 or more apart and can't really see each other very well - would this cause something like that? She is making small bubble nests in random places in her tank and seems very restless.
In the meantime, her tank neighbor is dealing with swim bladder, but is happily building a large bubble nest on the side the tank close to her, but that is also the side with all the cool plants, so he is building it around the plant leaves.
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #2 
LizzyP

Just because one is sick and the other one is on the opposite end of the tank doesn't mean anything. It's all about the hormones and such in their bodies. She's in a tank with 2 males, correct? No wonder she's acting like that. I'd take her out and put her in a separate tank.
LizzyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #3 
sainthogan

no, she's by herself. She is in her own 5 gallon and the male is in his own 3 gallon more than a foot away from her (I only have the 2 bettas)
Old 11-17-2012, 01:09 PM   #4 
sainthogan

Oh and she was looking eggy before his arrival, but her egg spot wasn't as large, could she have released her eggs? (I'm assuming if she did she would have eaten them all by now because I don't see anything egg like in her tank)
Old 11-17-2012, 01:29 PM   #5 
LizzyP

Can they see eachother?

I don't have females, but I have read that they will either A. Release the eggs and eat them or B. Reabsorb them into their body.
LizzyP is offline   Reply With Quote