So here I am taking stuff apart because the algae and plant decay is getting out of hand. I did some thinking and decided that this is for the best.
I found a very ugly piece of mopani wood at my local petco a few weeks ago and passed it by. A day ago I found that same piece of wood sitting on the shelf. I picked it up and started to envision it in my tank. Out of the 5 minutes of twisting and turning the wood I found 2 positions that would work. I then started thinking about the plants that I would stick on it. Today I picked up 2 types of Anubias and some Java fern.
Which leaves me to today, I took out all of the old plants except for my old Anubias (which was growing strong) and threw them out. I was starting fresh. I took pennywort, wisteria and anacharis from overgrowth from my other tanks and put them in; I then took an hour finding the best place to fill in my mopani wood.
This is what it came out as:
And some zoomed in pictures:
I have since removed the fern on my dinosaur and added in a cave with two entrances. The fern was riddled with little bits of algae and the leaves were still bad.
After 3 hours of work removing and cleaning on the instruments in this tank to hopefully prevent another outbreak I think it looks pretty good.
It pained me to throw away my plants that I have had for over 8 months but it was for the best and I now have more to nurture and love.
I'll add more pictures when I get home.