Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-18-2012, 10:14 AM   #52751 
Yuuie

because it is morning for me so it's my way of saying hi when i log in since it's before that first cup of coffee
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:26 AM   #52752 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Maybe you could add that to your posts?
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:30 AM   #52753 
Yuuie

lol maybe but first thing in the morning i'm not very awake to put it nicely and was never a morning person. need a lot of coffee in me before i even start to make sense most days.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:38 AM   #52754 
Fish mom

I am new to the Betta world and also to posting online so please be patient with me. =) We have a handsome male. It was originally to be for my kids, trying to teach some responsibility, but I am enjoying him more than they are! I have a couple questions. We got him at Petsmart and they were helpful but as I read more about Bettas I get confused. Theytold us to feed him 5 pellets every other day. Is this good or bad? He is in a, I'm afraid to say it, 1.5 gallon beta bowl right now. I change his water, 50% once a week. He seems happy. He is constantly on the go, will follow my finger around the tank, he comes to the front a acts "sassy" when I talk with him. We went to a newly opened Petsmart yesterday and the gal I talked to there said to feed him thawed/frozen bloodworms every day. I bought some and gave him two because they seem large, San Francisco Bay Brand, he chomped them right up. I think he liked them because he swam around his bowl like crazy. He pooped right away too. Are these too rich? Sorry this is so long I just want to be a good "Betta" mom. Thanks for any advice!
Fish mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:41 AM   #52755 
Yuuie

i usually feed mine twice a day a few pellets but time to got to work laters all
Old 11-18-2012, 10:42 AM   #52756 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish mom View Post
I am new to the Betta world and also to posting online so please be patient with me. =) We have a handsome male. It was originally to be for my kids, trying to teach some responsibility, but I am enjoying him more than they are! I have a couple questions. We got him at Petsmart and they were helpful but as I read more about Bettas I get confused. Theytold us to feed him 5 pellets every other day. Is this good or bad? He is in a, I'm afraid to say it, 1.5 gallon beta bowl right now. I change his water, 50% once a week. He seems happy. He is constantly on the go, will follow my finger around the tank, he comes to the front a acts "sassy" when I talk with him. We went to a newly opened Petsmart yesterday and the gal I talked to there said to feed him thawed/frozen bloodworms every day. I bought some and gave him two because they seem large, San Francisco Bay Brand, he chomped them right up. I think he liked them because he swam around his bowl like crazy. He pooped right away too. Are these too rich? Sorry this is so long I just want to be a good "Betta" mom. Thanks for any advice!
Hey there and welcome to the forum!
A 1.5 gallon tank is fine for him, however you should be doing one 50% and one 100% change a week with that size. If you want less water changes a bigger tank is a good option for him.
Do you have a heater and thermometer? Bettas are tropical, and to do well long term they should be kept at 76-80F.
5 pellets every day is good, though every other day doesn't hurt either. You should split these feedings up into twice daily, not give him 5 at once.
Do not feed the bloodworms every day, they are more like a treat than a staple meal, a few once a week is fine however.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:42 AM   #52757 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Does it have a heater. I would say 5 pellets daily. I would say one hundred percent and one fifty percent weekly. Only feed bloodworms weekly.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:58 AM   #52758 
FishyFishy89

While I was sweeping the cavy cage I heard kitty/the dog running around. I turn to the closet to put the pan/broom away and I see Emma the pug all stiff, confused and looking around and heres kitty hiding in the closet.

Kitty says "mmmmoooovvvvveeee. Im gonna jump the dog!!"
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:17 AM   #52759 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

That's adorible.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:28 AM   #52760 
Silverfang

note to self... cook 'shrooms before tossing in omelette.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese