Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-17-2012, 07:47 PM   #21 
registereduser
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemsbok View Post
Wow, that's a little harsh. Respect on one side is still better than no respect at all.
Please look at it with a sense of humor.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #22 
LittleBettaFish
Member
 
LittleBettaFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Did you buy the fish? I would be livid if something I purchased and is my personal property was given away by someone OTHER than me.

I live at home with my mum and I am 23. Just because I live under her roof doesn't mean the things I buy with my own money suddenly become hers to do with as she pleases.

It would be like a landlord deciding to sell off your furniture and belongings because you are living in 'his' house.

I would definitely have a sit down and talk with your mother if your betta means that much to you. Respect is a two-way street and doesn't mean you have to have your opinions and feelings steamrolled by your mother just because she puts a roof over your head.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:18 PM   #23 
gemsbok
New Member
 
gemsbok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
Please look at it with a sense of humor.
Sorry, I suck at detecting humour on the internet.
gemsbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:34 PM   #24 
registereduser
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemsbok View Post
Sorry, I suck at detecting humour on the internet.
I'm sorry too, I should learn to add smileys
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:11 PM   #25 
gemsbok
New Member
 
gemsbok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
I'm sorry too, I should learn to add smileys
gemsbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:10 AM   #26 
asukabetta
Member
 
asukabetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by megaredize View Post
I was just curious how is he doing? is he doing okay with your aunt and cousin?

yeah they have him with epsom salts and I'm looking for some meds Sakura recommended me :) . He came to say hi when he saw me, made me sad and happy at the same time.
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:12 AM   #27 
asukabetta
Member
 
asukabetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlueFishlets View Post
This is a big part of why I feel you should (calmly) speak with your mother and aunt. If blue dies - what will the effect be on your cousin? Why not start her off with a pet that is healthy, rather than one that is ill. Also, if blue dies, will you harbor resentment towards your family?

I am not so much thinking of "warning" them, but "explaining" - as one adult speaking to another- that perhaps there is a better alternative. In other words, try to shift your relationship so they start to see you as an adult member of the family?
As I said, I have very complicated and delicate issues going around that has nothing to do with my fish, but something else, and though I feel like people would understand more about my relationship with my parents and the reason sometimes they just do things like these. Right now it seems it makes no sense but there is a reason trust me.

Plus I did talk to them, but can you reason with a wall? Nope. However my cousin and my aunt especially my aunt has been doing a great job on blue.
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:31 AM   #28 
Kevron56
New Member
 
Kevron56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Honolulu, HI
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by asukabetta View Post
I know you guys are correct in a way but, I cannot cut my parents off, over a this, sure they are overstepping, but I did do that when I started breaking the "No pet rule" my limit was 1 fish then I pushed it to 3. Then they just accepted that fish weren't going to give them any problems.

Call me stupid, but I have always respected my parents, though sometimes they do things I disagree with like now, they have done lots of things for me when I least expected it, sure call it regular parenting, or something parents should do.

I am currently in a delicate situation with my parents and do not wish to give them any reasons to push their tolerance further, and trust me when I say this because of course the details is private. Plus as I said, I have nowhere else to go until I'm done with college and get a full time job.

It's always easy to tell someone to break a bond with their family, nonchalantly, even, but I had more good moments with them than bad ones, and they are the ones who made me the person I am today, and I do not think that I turned out that bad did I ? Yeah I'm half defending my parents now lol because they aren't bad people. They have gone through hell and back when they were younger, which makes admire them in a way, and which is the reason I think they are so strict.

So, I have dropped the subject with my mother, nothing is going to change her mind, in her view fish are just fish, and she has no personal bounding with the animal thus she can give it away with no feelings or anything.

The only thing I have done is warn her that if blue does die it will be all on her, and that she better leave my other fish alone. (I am going to my aunt's to treat him now)

That said I think we have reached a silent agreement, thanks for your support, I'm sorry for getting you guys all rallied up
I can see that u are a very respectable person based on this thread alone. I feel I could learn a lot from you as I quickly got riled up at the instant I started reading this thread >:(

Let every person be quick to listen, slow to speak, slow to anger.
Kevron56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:54 AM   #29 
registereduser
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by asukabetta View Post
However my cousin and my aunt especially my aunt has been doing a great job on blue.
Hey! This could work out for you! Maybe you can get more bettas and keep them at your aunt's house!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevron56 View Post

Let every person be quick to listen, slow to speak, slow to anger.
That sounds so Biblical Are you a Minister?
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:30 PM   #30 
Kevron56
New Member
 
Kevron56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Honolulu, HI
Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
Hey! This could work out for you! Maybe you can get more bettas and keep them at your aunt's house!





That sounds so Biblical Are you a Minister?
No I'm not a minister but I do remember that phrase from the bible!
Kevron56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best place to get a good heater for a good price? teeneythebetta Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 2 05-28-2012 07:21 AM
New guy still isn't doing too good. Jennyinurmouth Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies 0 05-24-2010 09:38 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.