Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-18-2012, 01:59 PM   #11 
Myates

Are you planning on breeding for hobby/money, or do you just have a pretty CT you want to breed?
What are you wanting, exactly? What kind of tail, type of look? Do you have a plan and goal that you want to work to?

I agree, CT/CT, CT/PK, CT/HM would be best.. VT will over ride the CT.

So you want just a couple of babies, or ..?

After spending over a thousand dollars for a breeding set up (with all the heaters, live plants, breeding fish, ways to keep 100+ jars warm, etc).. and that is only for 2 spawns to go at once.. it will take a long time for me to make back partial of what I spent. I have a LFS set up to take any that I have not sold through AB, Ebay, groups on FB, forum, etc.. and that still is not a guarantee that I won't be rid of all in one spawn, as spawns can be anywhere from 10 - a few hundred fish.

So if you are just wanting a few offspring, I personally can't imagine spending so much money, the hours a day it will take to do all the water changes, feedings, etc that is needed for one spawn, and the killing of a bunch of babies.. just for a couple more fish to have.

If you are wanting to breed as a hobby/business, then I would definitely listen to indjo and some of the other breeders here who can help you understand tail types and what is needed to accomplish what you are looking for. Breeding isn't easy, nor cheap - so best to understand what you are wanting and how to get it before you attempt.

Good luck!
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:54 AM   #12 
coolprave

Hii Sorry for the late reply

im Still thinking about it Its gonna be Strictly a hobby im not planing to sell the fish and i found 1 breeder he keeps his fish pretty well so i might give some of my spawn to him he has a big operation going. Anyway im not gonna breed them anytime soon as my female is a bit young so i have wait a few months and think abit more il post some pics of the pair tonight

coolprave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:43 AM   #13 
coolprave

The Pics of my Pair
Attached Images

coolprave is offline   Reply With Quote