Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-18-2012, 03:32 PM   #15501 
BettaHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezicca View Post
Oh, I have a rant.

Trigger warning: PTSD and Suicide

So, a few of my friends back home don't understand how I can love my fish so much because "they're just fish". Really, I love most things, including these fish. Buut. I just moved up to another state to go to school, I'm completely alone up here, still know very few people, and have no friends other than my roommate. I also have PTSD, which is so much worse now that I'm here. So I spent the first month wanting to kill myself, until I impulsively bought Mizuchi. And then Chouko soon followed... They're my babies, and quite frankly, the reason why I'm doing moderately okay now.

Now, how even am I supposed to explain my love for my fish, without revealing that little part?

Just irritated.
Thank you for sharing such an intimate issue rezicca it is hard for some to understand the connection we have for our fish because they havent really been taught to be considerate of other beings, human and animal.
Their opinion of the way you care for your fish and how such wonderful little creatures can help far greater then supposed "friends" shouldnt be allowed to affect you because only you need to understand what helps you and saves you.
Much love and light to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
OMFG I'm angry right now!>.<*

Well the thing is this year my birthday falls the day before thanksgiving and we cook A LOT of it the day before so of course with my skill at cooking everyone expects me to do the cooking. They even forgot that that day was my birthday! WTF?!

So now not only do I get to work my butt off on my birthday but I get to spend the next day with people I don't like and then work the next day. Fanfreakinngtastic, and to top off this freggin nightmare I'm not going to have time to make my own cake like I wanted to and I get to do all this while depressed about being 30!

I could scream, and am sooo tempted just to blow off the whole lot of them!>:(
I can sympathize it has been that way since i was 10. But Im not saying this to draw attention, If i lived close by I would have invited you over for a "gataway" complete with lunch, dinner and a triple layer cake
Belated Happy birthday Love & Light for a special heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Eh I stopped caring about my birthdays. No one does anything nice for me anyways.
Just as i had mentioned to thekinectic same treatment would be given to you with maybe a nice "quiet" trip to a club
I dont drink but love to dance and sometimes they do play good beats to rock with its been years since i went so i would be out of sync lol
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:48 PM   #15502 
Shirleythebetta

U birthday people don't feel bad. My family forgot my cake and I had to guilt them to get it. I got it sixteen days after my birthday lol.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #15503 
BettaHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
U birthday people don't feel bad. My family forgot my cake and I had to guilt them to get it. I got it sixteen days after my birthday lol.

sounds fun i would do that but my kids arent allowed near the stove
and i can only shutter at the thought of the clean-up

I made my own marble cake mmmmm ive actually grown used to the quietness of the day except for the usual noise from the kdis, no nosy cousins, no nagging aunts, no obnoxious brothers
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:15 PM   #15504 
ZergyMonster

Am I the only one that likes to be alone on my birthday? I play the crap out of video games on my birthday.
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:34 PM   #15505 
thekinetic

Thanks bettaheart!:)

Shirley, I didn't ask them for a cake all I wanted to do was make a tiramisu for my birthday and relax that day and try not to be too down about turning 30. They just went all forgetful about my birthday and talked about what they expected me to make until I reminded them, it was like they didn't even hear me. :(

Zergy I would love nothing more than to be alone on this birthday but my family ain't going to let that happen. I'm a hairs breadth away from telling them to bug off.

Last edited by Romad; 11-19-2012 at 10:11 AM.
thekinetic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:10 AM   #15506 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Rant. The pet store has driftwood I want and for the last few weeks it is still soaking.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:31 AM   #15507 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
Shirley, I didn't ask them for a cake all I wanted to do was make a tiramisu for my birthday and relax that day and try not to be too down about turning 30. They just went all forgetful about my birthday and talked about what they expected me to make until I reminded them, it was like they didn't even hear me. :(
Are they illiterate? If they aren't then give them a cookbook and the Butterball 1800 number and wish them luck. There's no reason why you should spend your birthday slaving away over a hot oven.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:12 AM   #15508 
Sena Hansler

Quote:
Just as i had mentioned to thekinectic same treatment would be given to you with maybe a nice "quiet" trip to a club
I dont drink but love to dance and sometimes they do play good beats to rock with its been years since i went so i would be out of sync lol
Club? Here is what we have here. A bar: girls paid to be eye candy to sick jerks who grab, chortle and make crude jokes. A younger person's bar: where people cheat on their so-called loved ones, get into fights. A filthy place: dance is now hop up and down in one spot flailing your arms like some beached whale while grinding against someone and having some drunk person breath down your neck as neon lights give you seizures. And strippers who (apparently) fail horribly.

I'd rather go to a REAL cinema (this Old Cinema was made irnto the filthy place for druggies and bad dancing). I like historic stuff - and they tore down the "one cent to 99 cent store". Walmart destroyed small businesses.

That's Camrose :/ also most of my generation here. I wasn't exactly meant for this era -.- I'm the... Hiking, nature, middle of nowhere, wish here were no electronics, write a letter once in your life type of person. I wish I could self-sustain. Wish I could own my own land. But this world is so damaged that'll never happen. I make 5'000 to 11'000 a year. My skills, would've been great about 25 years ago. :/ my boyfriend has the same problem. Photography? Now some digital junk without true unaltered beauty. Just photoshopped and fake.

He was mentioning there was an old law where if you could live on a land for 6 months that land was yours. Too bad that law does not exist because I would challenge them to it (despite the fact nowadays they'd do everything to stop you from succeeding.)

But, I am going to work with my only skill Walmart cannot take. Fish. Mainly bettas, maybe slide into other types (maybe). I already have people waiting on me to breed crowntail, and waitin for these fry to be ready in January. But I'm not doing it for profit, I'm doing it for the fact I can, I'm good at it, I can teach people, and I can give to people what they want. (Plus I might sneak some other skills in there)

Last edited by Sena Hansler; 11-19-2012 at 08:17 AM.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:29 AM   #15509 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
Are they illiterate? If they aren't then give them a cookbook and the Butterball 1800 number and wish them luck. There's no reason why you should spend your birthday slaving away over a hot oven.
No they're not there is just certain things that must be done by an experianced hand. It's why I've come to resent my talent in cooking. It just goes back to what I've always said, don't let anyone know you know how to do something because if they did they'd expect you to do it all the time.
thekinetic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:02 AM   #15510 
Shirleythebetta

I still don't understand APA Formating. I get good grades in college but I feel like I would be doing even better if I can get this formating down. As much as I study it I seem to choke when it comes time to write papers and use the formatting. I asked my professor to help me by highlighting all the formating errors in my paper but all she did was send me a proper APA formated paper. I learn better if people point out my mistakes and show me were I am wrong.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou