Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-15-2012, 03:09 PM   #21 
LebronTheBetta

Everyone, all your Bettas are so cute and adorable! :3 I especially have a weak spot for their food dance. >.< So many personalities, so many actions and motives, they're the best fish ever!!
But I'm biased, they're my favorite fish. (;
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #22 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Carter bit my finger and swims to the lid and waits for food.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:51 AM   #23 
finnfinnfriend

My betta is overly enthusiastic over his food... I take the jar out and he swims right down to the jar. Then he follows my finger and then get his food. And he eats like he has been starved nearly to death lol (he hasn't).
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:42 AM   #24 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Carter stares at his food stays near the surface then eats it like Jaws did.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:53 PM   #25 
hynesh9792

Anytime I get into the closet in my kitchen, I always look at the corner of my eye and Junior ALWAYS has to swim to the side of the tank by the kitchen and watch me lol.

My favorite thing (though risky) is take off the lid and put my face above the water and talk to him in baby talk. He always looks straight up at me and stares at me. One time he jumped and it scared the crap out of me so I don't do it as often.
hynesh9792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:57 PM   #26 
hynesh9792

oh a couple more things. Junior, no matter what I'm doing in the tank, is never scared, he's so curious. When I gravel vac it, he sits RIGHT by the tube and stares. Just the other day I put the new heater in his tank and he was in my way! He was like right by my hand and wouldn't move b/c he wanted to know what I was doing.

In the mornings he gets ESPECIALLY excited and wiggles back and forth like crazy and when I feed him he doesn't pay attention b/c I think he's so excited he doesn't know whats going on lol. I have to take my finger and lead him to the food (not every single times but A LOT)
hynesh9792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:51 PM   #27 
Rockandrollgirl09

My betta Kaido is a mommy man. When I walk up to him to say hello he gets all excited and puffs out to say hi. But when my friends walk up behind me he hids in his castle. Peeking his head through waiting for them to back away. Then we he cant see them he comes out and sees me and get excited. One time my friend wanted to see him and came up behind me and Kaido swam away so fast I thought he was on fire. He only will greet me as well. He is definately Mommys Little Man.;)
Rockandrollgirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:06 AM   #28 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Carter gets way more active when I approach.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:06 PM   #29 
regenfliege

My bot Castiel (cas for short) loves to dance. Whenever I'm at my desk I have music playing and he'll swim up and the tank wall. If its a song he really likes he'll do this, pardon the pun, fishtail move. His favorite is techno and soundtrack music XD
He greets me when I walk in the room, and he flares when I'm wearing a hat.
He HATES waking up, he's like me! When I turn on the tank light he'll turn around huddle under his special leaf. It's adorable.
But the funniest thing Cas has done was with one of my dogs. I had my dog Ozzie in my lap at my desk and wanted to see the fish (he likes to watch the goldfish). I put Ozzie eye level with the tank and Cas flared and Ozzie jumped out my arms. Cas did a a little victory lap around his tank. Ozzie won't go near the tank any more :)
regenfliege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:34 PM   #30 
Rachelk98

Talking Swimmy <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Been a while since I posted in this section, ah well.

Is there anything cute your bettas do? A recent betta I got, Winnie, she does a weird thing when she eats. When I put a pellet in with her, she turns sideways and then eats it. Too bad I don't have a pic! :/ It's like the death roll for alligators except... Betta version. It was really fun to watch. Lebron just yawns a lot due to some incident when he was a fry. Or genetics... It's sad, but it's still kinda cute..

What are some of the cute things your bettas do?
My Blue Betta Boy Swimmy Swims In Circles And Thinks He Is The Next Michael Phelps. He Is Lonely. Needs A GF. Know Where I Can Get One?
-Swimmysmommy
Rachelk98 is offline   Reply With Quote