Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #21 
MyRainbowBettaFish

i really like the red roan, and the horse missing an eye. I would DIE for a job like yours, thats my dream. Thanks so much for helping animals in need!
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:34 AM   #22 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I would prefer to work at a pet store.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #23 
LadyVictorian

Can the animals from there be adopted out or is the Sanctuary just a perminant home for them? You are so lucky, I use to work at a normal shelter but I always wanted to work with a shelter revolving around farm animals since i grew up on a horse far with chickens, sheep, ducks, turkeys, and just about anything else we could keep in a large horse barn.

Recently though I have traded in my hopes of getting a new show horse, need to save up money so I want to adopt a rescue horse instead and just use it for trail riding or dinking around at home. Everyone who adopts a rescue horse says there is nothing better than the love a rescue horse gives to it's owner. My old riding stable actually adopted two saddelbreds from slaughter and worked for years to help them recover their trauma. Both became lesson horses and one of them is even a show horse now. Guess what he went from a horse who was stick thin, ribby, all his legs were swollen to the point we thought he would never be ridden again, and he was too weak to stand. Now he wins pretty much every class he is entered into under academy. Since he didn't have papers...and you don't need them for academy our trainers who saved him named him Heaven Can Wait. They recently just last year got two more rescue horses who were in bad shape and now this year those two are lesson and show horses as well. They both had papers so they are in the big show ring competing against $500,000 show horses and one of them Gusty won his last class. He was all of free because he had been abandoned at some hellhole boarding facility and had a bad case of worm infestation and was in a filthy stall. It just shows you how much they will fight to survive and how well they recover. Three of the four rescue horses from the barn became great show horses and the fourth is too old to show so she just gives lessons to the young kids. Plus less weight on her back is better for her, she can't have adults ride her or else she will be in pain but kids are light enough they don't bother her back. Even we call her the big fancy show horse though we think someone she is half saddelbred half Shetland pony. It was fun being apart of those horses recoveries as well. I remember when my trainer had me help her feed horses and we had to give Buster (Heaven Can Wait) his shots for his swollen legs and give him lots of supplemental to help build up his weight and help him fight of disease since horses that sick tend to tumble downhill if their immune systems get weak. I wish you many long hours of tending to these beautiful animals and i am so happy those calves were saved. I understand people have to eat and all but slaughtering baby animals is just wrong in my mind and people don't realize how loving and cool cows can be. When I have a farm all my own I'm getting a cow and training it to be ridden. I have seen a few people do it and it can be done, you just need a larger saddle or light weight fabric saddle. One person in like Wales even trained the neighbors cow he was going to slaughter, bought her to save her, and now they do show jumping.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #24 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Lady you must be rich.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:48 PM   #25 
LadyVictorian

xD Not really, my parents were just in the horse breeding buissness for many years and bred famous show horses so I have owned and ridden a lot of great horses. My last horse I owned who was a show horse was Lucky Memory who I got for my sweet 16. I had the option to have a horse or a car. My mom sold her Firebird and got me lucky with the money then surprised me (after a long extensive search and riding him and saying he was my dream horse and she said we couldn't afford him.) We drove to my training stables and there he was all decked out with a halter that had his name engraved on it and a new blanket that had my name written on it. A fancy red ribbon around his neck and I was in tears. Best animal friend I ever had, his passing was so hard it took me two years to get over it and even writing this now still makes me cry. I figure he loved me so much I owe it to another horse who really needs love to share that again. Since my current dream show horse is priced at over $500,000 (and worth every penny, he's a 2 time world champion now) than I can save up some money for something in the reasonable price range of $30-$50 grand and love a rescue horse who can some day be the pasture pal of my show horses. Rescue horses are normally fairly low in price. The one i really wanted was only about $5,000 which my parents said they would help pay for, we would go half on her and she as beautiful and show ready. I was going to have her be a hunt seat horse but I checked with the rescue and she's gone. I have never been so heartbroken, she was my perfect horse. A fancy classy girly girl of a TB rescued from slaughter and turned from this near dead animal to a brilliant and beautiful vibrant creature. Now I am sort of stalking the site again because they have a GORGEOUS Quarter Horse they rescued named Shooter who looks like he may have been a dressage horse. Once he goes up for adoption you can bet i'll be going to Ohio to visit him and see if he's my ride xD

I have never been a big fan of QH because I grew up showing Arabian's and Saddelbreeds and big fancy English horses but no matter what breed of horse he is you can't deny he's just a breathtaking animal to the core. If I get him again...he's going to be a hunt seat horse. He can set his head beautifully and they are looking for his papers right now so squeeeee.

And he has such a cute head.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #26 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I used to ride therapy horses.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:03 AM   #27 
Laki

wow LV, that's awesome! I'm jealous. You are an angel to the horses :) I hope you can get your dream horse soon :)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:04 PM   #28 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Is the place you work at have therapy horses for kids with things like Autism?
Old 11-23-2012, 05:50 AM   #29 
ItsKourtneyYoC8

Oh my gosh I am speechless and melting!

AMAZING PICTURES!
ItsKourtneyYoC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:12 AM   #30 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

For my sweet sixteen I want a 50 gallon tank.