Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-19-2012, 05:14 PM   #15521 
ZergyMonster

Don't just things based on the actions of their species, base it on the actions of the individual. That is why pit bulls are portrayed for being "vicious". Finding those people who make you happy are those people who are looking for happiness themselves.

I find that honest people can be very blunt but will be the best of friends because there is no hidden side to them.
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:18 PM   #15522 
ThePearlFish

Ugh people.. I want to have friendships so bad, and do try sometimes, but people can just be so selfish. Other than my family, my BF and Best friend are the only two people I trust absolutely completely to be loyal to me and not screw me over in the end.

I've kinda sorta given up for the most part on people.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:23 PM   #15523 
thekinetic

Pilot I wish I was in sweden to give you a big hug! There are good people in this world but I know too well how it can be to be surrounded by people but feel totally alone. Unless I'm around generally weird people I feel out of place.

I wish I had kept in touch with my old friends because they and I were what you are talking about. We never cared about anything we were a motly crew of geeks, creeps, perverts, artists, brutes, outcasts, and weirdos. Shunned by the world and loving every minute of it! X3
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:28 PM   #15524 
BettaHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Club? Here is what we have here. A bar: girls paid to be eye candy to sick jerks who grab, chortle and make crude jokes. A younger person's bar: where people cheat on their so-called loved ones, get into fights. A filthy place: dance is now hop up and down in one spot flailing your arms like some beached whale while grinding against someone and having some drunk person breath down your neck as neon lights give you seizures. And strippers who (apparently) fail horribly.

I'd rather go to a REAL cinema (this Old Cinema was made irnto the filthy place for druggies and bad dancing). I like historic stuff - and they tore down the "one cent to 99 cent store". Walmart destroyed small businesses.

That's Camrose :/ also most of my generation here. I wasn't exactly meant for this era -.- I'm the... Hiking, nature, middle of nowhere, wish here were no electronics, write a letter once in your life type of person. I wish I could self-sustain. Wish I could own my own land. But this world is so damaged that'll never happen. I make 5'000 to 11'000 a year. My skills, would've been great about 25 years ago. :/ my boyfriend has the same problem. Photography? Now some digital junk without true unaltered beauty. Just photoshopped and fake.

He was mentioning there was an old law where if you could live on a land for 6 months that land was yours. Too bad that law does not exist because I would challenge them to it (despite the fact nowadays they'd do everything to stop you from succeeding.)

But, I am going to work with my only skill Walmart cannot take. Fish. Mainly bettas, maybe slide into other types (maybe). I already have people waiting on me to breed crowntail, and waitin for these fry to be ready in January. But I'm not doing it for profit, I'm doing it for the fact I can, I'm good at it, I can teach people, and I can give to people what they want. (Plus I might sneak some other skills in there)

HA! awesome i was taking a stab in the dark with the club thing.
I love writing letters, i do it often for my friend in montreal and sisters in alberta. And photography im not an expert but i love snapping photos of the kids on our walks, random things, nature, fish
You would have loved living in the cabin i was in afew years ago, wood stove, kerosene lamps, candles, closest neighbours 2 1/2 hours walk away with nothing but forest all around. ooohhh how i miss those days windup radio we would listen to after supper for atleast acouple hours. Taking a quick dip into the icy creek then warming by a fire with hot tea. sigh
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:29 PM   #15525 
Pilot00

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
Pilot I wish I was in sweden to give you a big hug! There are good people in this world but I know too well how it can be to be surrounded by people but feel totally alone. Unless I'm around generally weird people I feel out of place.

I wish I had kept in touch with my old friends because they and I were what you are talking about. We never cared about anything we were a motly crew of geeks, creeps, perverts, artists, brutes, outcasts, and weirdos. Shunned by the world and loving every minute of it! X3
You and that company sound like the kind of guys I would like to hang around. My company was exactly like that. At least I got a couple back home.

Thanks for your support m8! Really, its people like you that keep my faith in humanity still.
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:29 PM   #15526 
ThePearlFish

I understand the feeling of being alone, but with people around you too.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:31 PM   #15527 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I wish I could make friends.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:12 PM   #15528 
Sena Hansler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaHeart View Post
HA! awesome i was taking a stab in the dark with the club thing.
I love writing letters, i do it often for my friend in montreal and sisters in alberta. And photography im not an expert but i love snapping photos of the kids on our walks, random things, nature, fish
You would have loved living in the cabin i was in afew years ago, wood stove, kerosene lamps, candles, closest neighbours 2 1/2 hours walk away with nothing but forest all around. ooohhh how i miss those days windup radio we would listen to after supper for atleast acouple hours. Taking a quick dip into the icy creek then warming by a fire with hot tea. sigh

Yeah the simple life that had you work for what you got. I would rather chop wood to keep warm then have all this...junk that we are handed nowadays. Sure it's nice... Nice and lazy!! So many silly children are handed their life. Well I wasn't. I grew up under poverty, I lived brought poverty, and I suffered through poverty. When I have children I will still be under poverty BUT will do what I always do and hopefully my kid learns it too.

At least I am with someone with the same views as myself. If I ever see my ex, I will tell him I really did change. Like I said I would, I changed.
But I did not change for HIM.

Another random rant: feeling sick :(

ChoclateBetta, so do I.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:20 PM   #15529 
dramaqueen
Banned

You guys have friends here. I live a pretty isolated life considering people don't want to be friends with someone who is disabled and can't drive or who isn't married, doesn't have kids or grandkids. Our love of bettas is what brings us together. It doesn't matter on here, at least to me if you have Asperger 's or anxiety, depression or whatever. Each of you is unique and each ones of you are valued members of this forum.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:33 PM   #15530 
ZergyMonster

Leave it to DQ to make an inspirational and touching speech.
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote