Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-20-2012, 12:07 PM   #1 
aemaki09

Formal Introduction

I just realized I never introduced myself formally on here
So I wanted to say Hi everyone!

My name is aemaki09
I go to school full time for cosmetology.
I have been keeping betta's on and off throughout my life along with other species of fish. I absolutely love them. I recently became fascinated with breeding so I joined this site, and I am so glad I did, there are so many great rescources on here!
I have 7 at my house right now, with atleast 4 more being shipped out in the next week or so. along with 3 peppered cories in my sorority tank.
I also have 3 horses and 2 dogs.

Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself and thank everyone for being so nice and for all the knowledge they have shared with me since I have joined.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:24 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping....

Nice to meet you...Enjoy your stay....

Be sure and post questions in the proper section for best response....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:57 PM   #3 
eaturbyfill

Hello and welcome to the forum!
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:07 AM   #4 
AyalaCookiejar

Haha, you've been here longer than me but here's a formal welcome.
It sounds like you've got your hands full - can't say I'm not jealous of your big family :)
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:12 AM   #5 
aemaki09

Thanks everyone for the welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyalaCookiejar View Post
Haha, you've been here longer than me but here's a formal welcome.
It sounds like you've got your hands full - can't say I'm not jealous of your big family :)
yeah, I've been here for like a month or so, just never thought to introduce myself lol
and thanks, I definitely have my hands full, I'm actually going to have to start re-homing my rescues soon to make room to have more than one spawn at once, and I actually have like 6-7 more either on there way here or being sent soon. This betta addiction is getting to be wayyyy out of hand!
Old 11-26-2012, 01:19 AM   #6 
AyalaCookiejar

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemaki09 View Post
yeah, I've been here for like a month or so, just never thought to introduce myself lol
and thanks, I definitely have my hands full, I'm actually going to have to start re-homing my rescues soon to make room to have more than one spawn at once, and I actually have like 6-7 more either on there way here or being sent soon. This betta addiction is getting to be wayyyy out of hand!
Seven sounds like a lot, especially with three horses and two dogs :p but I can totally understand the addiction.

I only have one betta and would like to have more but will probably add them gradually. I've spend $120 in the last week on my one betta alone. It definitely takes dedication, but it's so worth it. :)
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:45 AM   #7 
aemaki09

Haha yeah I love my animals! I grew up on a farm so I've had just about every type of furbaby imaginable, for a while i was breeding and showing rabbits and guinea pigs too! lol so my betta's are relatively easy to care for compared to everything else throughout my life.
I started a 26 gallon tank not too long ago, (originally community, now sorority) luckily I found the tank itself on craigslist, but for all the accessories, gravel, plants, and fish it has cost me an arm and a leg! But its definitely worth all the money.
And adding gradually is definitely a smart way to go, but so hard once you get to see the personality of these little guys (and girls) I have to avoid the betta section in stores now because I'll always find one i want to rescue, and luckily i only have a pre-paid debit card so I cant go over-board on my aquabid buys lol