Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #31 
aemaki09

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Thank you. I actually thought it wasn't pretty. xD They're all fake, the ones on the tree bridge are attached.
No it honestly looks gorgeous! I don't have a creative bone in my body, I only wish I could pull off something so cool
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:24 PM   #32 
LebronTheBetta

Aw, shucks. I'm sure anyone can do that, my mom actually chose all the decorations. xD I only chose the volcano, but I also wanted her to get decorations that had more than 1 exit and what not. I see you have 4 females, sorority perhaps? :)
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:01 PM   #33 
rubinthebetta

When are you getting your females, LTB?!? I want to see the tank in "action" so bad!
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:04 PM   #34 
registereduser

Beautiful tank LeBron, you and your Mom did a great job.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:10 PM   #35 
LeoTheLakerBetta

Wow Lebron I love the black gravel in there; or is it sand? Lol it looks great either way!

I have a 29 gallon with 7 females, 7 tetras, 4 platys, and 2 mollies. I like having that many fish in there because it keeps the girls distracted and as long as I do good with the water changes, the ammonia, nitrite, and nitrates stay 0.

Here are the pictures!

Going from left to right or top to bottom (preview isn't always accurate for me), we have Vanilla, Acai, Blossom, Lily, Marshmallow, Peacock and Peaches!

And the whole tank! In the last pic, it is sorta out of date and the dalmation molly in the corner is actually dead now.. :(

Edit: Oh yeah I forgot. Yesterday I did water changes and on my sorority tank I filled it up kinda high which I hadn't really thought much of then but in retrospect I'm kind of banging my head on a wall.. Anyways, at night I was about to feed them and I was a little worried of the water height so I planned to quickly throw food in there because if I don't, all the girls end up jumping. Well, I didn't do it fast enough and Peaches, being very strong, hopped right out and hit the table/stand and plopped right onto the ground. My heart immediately jumped up to my throat and I tried picking her up but she flopped right under the couch! Luckily I keep a spare cup by the tank so I quickle slid it under her and placed her in the tank. The fall is close to 4 feet. When I released her she sank right to the bottom. But after 1 minutes she was back to chasing Acai. Lol. Lucky for me she is completely fine now. At first she wouldn't move her little fins but it's all fixed now :D
Attached Images

Last edited by LeoTheLakerBetta; 11-19-2012 at 06:20 PM.
LeoTheLakerBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:06 PM   #36 
LebronTheBetta

I only have 1 female in QT so far, she'll be the 1st to get in. xD The tank is still cycling, not much to it but there are nitrates!! And thank you. Me and mum are quite happy after all the money spent. lol It's black sand, I love it, too.

Your tank is so purdy. (; I love Acai, her fins are pretty long. I saw that Greek temple thing in my Petsmart, but my mom had no interest. Live plants? Luckyy... I'm sorry about your molly. :'(

Come on everyone, show your sororities! It's not about me, it's about your girls!!
Old 11-20-2012, 05:30 PM   #37 
LeoTheLakerBetta

Thank you! I would love to have sand but I would get scolded for using pantyhose on a gravel vac xD.
Lol I only have anacharis in there in between the big decoration and the temple. The big ones in the back are all fake lol. There is some floating anacharis in there because I'm too lazy to anchor them down. I find they grow a lot thicker and better in the filter current..

The temple wasn't my choice actually lol. I got the tank off of craigslist for 60 bucks; it came with both temple/ruins, gravel, heater, filter, and a whole bunch of water treatments. I don't even use them lol
LeoTheLakerBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:04 PM   #38 
LebronTheBetta

Might as well "update" this thread. lol I have more pics of my sorority, now with Winnie and Cories; Clause, Mistletoe, Frost, and Ghast. :D

Name:  IMG_0823.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  41.5 KB

Name:  IMG_0831.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  43.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0833.jpg
Size:  49.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0850.jpg
Size:  45.1 KB
Old 12-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #39 
aemaki09

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Aw, shucks. I'm sure anyone can do that, my mom actually chose all the decorations. xD I only chose the volcano, but I also wanted her to get decorations that had more than 1 exit and what not. I see you have 4 females, sorority perhaps? :)
Yeah i have a sorority now. I was waiting on my 3 aquabid girls to arrive to make it, and last week added 2 more girls to it. They are in a 26 gallon with 6 cories a few snails and ghost shrimp that they love to pester. It's probably a little over stocked but I have plenty of live plants and good filtration for it. I can post pics of it later if you would like
Your updated pics look awesome by the way! How are they all getting along?
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:14 PM   #40 
LebronTheBetta

That's great! Pictures, please! :)
I need to get 5 more girls, so it's only Winnie in there. She likes the Cories, they get along just fine. ^.^ I'm getting 2 snails today, lets see how that goes..