Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #11 
marktrc

i think i see eggs lol. like others have said about the male tending the nest is a giveaway but maybe you can tell if your female gets skinny. i could tell every time just by looking at the females belly. my females get noticeably skinnier. (but i only have limited experience) :)
marktrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #12 
MikeMc

Many times, one or both the parents will eat the eggs, sometimes because they are not fertile, other times just because they like to eat eggs. If the female is no longer swollen with eggs, take them apart and wait 3-4 weeks before trying again.
MikeMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:26 AM   #13 
prosthetik

Yeah, I took him out after I got home from work, that was about 4 days & unfortunately no changes to the nest. So Im going to clean the whole tank out & start again in a week or so.

Thanks for the help guys though :D
prosthetik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:39 AM   #14 
Sakejing

mine just spawned just now, i dont even know if their even done, planning to take the female out tonight. my male ate almost all of the eggs but there are a few in the nest, so its quite hard for you to see them if your male ate them, trying using a light and shine it through the nest , you should be able to find some. Look for the eggs from under not from the top , makes it easier
Sakejing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:54 AM   #15 
Hijae

Thats how they eggs look like
Attached Images

Hijae is offline   Reply With Quote