Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Show Bettas
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-21-2012, 03:27 PM   #41 
Mo

Well those ones have faults so they are unlikely to win such as Veiltails and Deltas
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:29 PM   #42 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Okay so some are lower chance but rest are same?
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:41 PM   #43 
Mo

Well. They all have the same chance.. No matter what thrush I think they start out with 100 points but for every flaw found a certain amount of points are deducted, the amounts depends on whether they wer minor, severe, etc.
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:46 PM   #44 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Reminds me of school.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:35 PM   #45 
MoonShadow

Vts don't have a class of their own in IBC shows (though they do in international shows) but they can be shown in open classes. I personally feel that vts should have their own class, but I've been told by many IBC members (including the president of the IBC) that they'll never make it into the shows until people start breeding serious VT show lines... which is something I plan on doing.

I personally do not like the heavily branched HMs (though Karens are nice and strong and seem to hold up well) they seem to age quicker, wear down faster and are more prone to tail biting because their poor fins are so heavy!
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:53 PM   #46 
ChibreneyDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShadow View Post
Vts don't have a class of their own in IBC shows (though they do in international shows) but they can be shown in open classes. I personally feel that vts should have their own class, but I've been told by many IBC members (including the president of the IBC) that they'll never make it into the shows until people start breeding serious VT show lines... which is something I plan on doing.

I personally do not like the heavily branched HMs (though Karens are nice and strong and seem to hold up well) they seem to age quicker, wear down faster and are more prone to tail biting because their poor fins are so heavy!
I agree on how hard on the fish the excessive branching seems to be. I have an OHM that I just spawned, and he is so exhausted by spawning that he barely tends the nest. He just floats near the top.
ChibreneyDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:45 PM   #47 
hannah16

Personally, I like EEs but I do understanding as far as showing, they can't be as "normal" bettas shouldn't have the flaw.

Also, I hope people make show lined VTs, it'll take hard work but it'll be worth it. I think it would be great.

Lastly, I think Orange Dals are considered a fault? But I love them ;w;....
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:48 PM   #48 
ChibreneyDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah16 View Post
Personally, I like EEs but I do understanding as far as showing, they can't be as "normal" bettas shouldn't have the flaw.

Also, I hope people make show lined VTs, it'll take hard work but it'll be worth it. I think it would be great.

Lastly, I think Orange Dals are considered a fault? But I love them ;w;....
i've always wondered at tha, how does one make a "show VT"? The tail itself is sloppy looking, and if you cleaned it up, it would end up just looking like a delta. Thats why I think VTs arent in shows anymore.
ChibreneyDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:50 PM   #49 
hannah16

I personally like the sloped VT. In all honesty, Most likely, what was your first betta? A VT. Not always, but a lot of times. Or maybe a sloppy looking Walmart CT. Those make us fall in love with bettas.

The tail is slopped, and long as they are bred with nice females, I think a show line can be made for the VTs.
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:20 AM   #50 
KirstenMarie

Everyone I know with Bettas have started out with VTs, including me.

I myself prefer Black or white Rosetails. With me, the heaviest branching is the best! As long as it stays out of the feathertail region, of course. Feathertails just seems to messy for my taste.
KirstenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote