Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-21-2012, 02:24 PM   #7681 
stellar981

Quote:
Originally Posted by white11sti View Post
Wow, that looks awesome! I wanted to get that tank, but I didn't quite understand how it worked.. I was worried about its stability and the betta's ability to get to the top and get air. How do you like it?
stellar981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:11 PM   #7682 
FishyFishy89

Spike, Thing 1 and Thing 2 got a water and a bit of a scenery change today. I was under the impression that these shrimpies aren't supposed to be aggressive....Thing 1 attacked the gravel siphon o.O
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #7683 
FishyFishy89

Regarding the Fulvas, I *think* you can actually level an inch of open space at the top. Filling it completely just gives the tank the complete "water cube" look.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:32 PM   #7684 
Chris430

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramla View Post
Anyone know of any good inexpensive 5 gallon tanks? I am looking to upgrade mine a little, simply because I don't like the shape and such as much takes away a lot of space for my fish. I already have the heater and filter, simply need the tank and hood I guess.
walmart sells a 5 gallon with a lid with a light, and a filter for under 30$ after tax. not the most amazing, fuval quality deal or anything, but its what i just bought and i like it. the lid is cheapy, but i like it. feeding hole is small, but easily removable lid. or flip back if you have a wall there. plenty of air space, my betta seems to prefer going to the hole ive got the heater and filter on, but i put his leaf under the little hole for the light cord. (edit because i didnt notice you said you had a heater and filter. was telling you about a cheap heater and decorations)

my two five gallon bettas-

and

baby blue and houdini too :)

Last edited by Chris430; 11-21-2012 at 04:38 PM.
Chris430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:17 PM   #7685 
Karebear13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
Spike, Thing 1 and Thing 2 got a water and a bit of a scenery change today. I was under the impression that these shrimpies aren't supposed to be aggressive....Thing 1 attacked the gravel siphon o.O
Jealous of your anacharis!
Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:24 PM   #7686 
LeoTheLakerBetta

^ +1 My anacharis doesn't grow that thick!

I found 2 decorations at Petsmart today and added one to my 2.5 gallon! That one was $4.57 and I got this nice looking coral decoration (no pix yet D: ) which was only $1.47! They screwed up the price tags so the manager gave to us anyways for the mistaken price; it was supposed to be $6.50!

Anyways here is the newish setup :P Its the palm tree decoration btw :D

I haven't added the other decoration to any tank yet; I am saving it for my future 2.5 gallon that I will be upgrading to from a 1 gal.
Attached Images

LeoTheLakerBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:02 PM   #7687 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karebear13 View Post
Jealous of your anacharis!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoTheLakerBetta View Post
^ +1 My anacharis doesn't grow that thick!
Spank ya!
I'm STILL surprised at how long it has grown. Believe it or not, that is 4 long stems bunched up. But their SO long!!! Over a foot long each!
And my shrimpies have done an EXCELLENT job on nomming up the algae that took over my plants. My Wisteria barely survived. I only have 1 piece of wisteria growing. I'm hoping I can save it.

Last edited by FishyFishy89; 11-21-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:32 PM   #7688 
carbonxxkidd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramla View Post
Anyone know of any good inexpensive 5 gallon tanks? I am looking to upgrade mine a little, simply because I don't like the shape and such as much takes away a lot of space for my fish. I already have the heater and filter, simply need the tank and hood I guess.
I got my 5 gallon at Walmart, it came with a hood w/LED light and a filter for around $29.

Check craigslist too, there are always people giving away/selling tanks for cheap.
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:37 AM   #7689 
bettasaur

This is probably a stupid question, but does anyone know if it's ok to leave the blue lights on at night? The tank is on my nightstand & I'd kind of like to use it as a nightlight. :)
bettasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:41 AM   #7690 
Shrimpsta

That skull makes such a great hideout xD!
Shrimpsta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank