ChoclateBetta
Banned

Carter would probably attack them.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:58 PM   #12 
notsabrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFish View Post
Harlequin Rasboras are one of my favorite schooling species, VERY peaceful and great with bettas IME. Not nippy like other tetras can be and they're certainly not colorful enough to set off a betta.
Personally, I think you've made a fantastic tank mate choice, have clearly done your research, and are providing your fish with an awesome setup....what better a sign of happiness and health then good coloration and spawning behaviors? ;)

Obviously adding to the school might make space a little tight, and bigger is of course always a little better, but a 10 gallon is perfectly sufficient for a school of 6 and a betta to live happily. ;)
Thank you! I love them together. It seems like so far they are tolerating each other. The harlequins don't look like they've been nipped at or have chunks missing! My betta is a little piggy though, didnt know he likes fish flakes lol!
notsabrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:45 PM   #13 
notsabrina

My betta has been in the 10 gallon tank with the harlequins for 6 days now. I've noticed him chasing them around more often, and I'm a little worried that one day he'll actually eat one! Of course the harlequins are much faster, but I can't help but wonder if he's just being a betta fish or if his aggression is getting worse. I can't tell? The harlequins still look healthy and I just hope they're not living in fear.

My betta has gotten way more comfortable in the new tank and seems to have claimed the left side of the tank where the harlequins like to play and mate. So I went out and bought 2 anubias plants for the harlequins new area, hopefully this will give them more hiding spots and feel safe again.
notsabrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:40 PM   #14 
Phaydra

I personally think you have a fine set up from the sound of it. Like Dragon said everyone one should settle in a couple days time. Anything a wiki says I take with a grain of salt as anyone can edit them at anytime. I've always seen recommend tanks as 10g for a school of 8-10, planted with open swimming space. With a Betta tank mate sounds to me you got the balance right.
Phaydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:00 PM   #15 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I prefer species for betta I find diet and adding things easier.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote